Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Voigtländer Color Heliar 35-70mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Voigtländer Color Heliar 35-70mm Reply with quote

What kind of joke is this (or i am leaving the bargain to someone else): Click here to see on Ebay.de

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty bad joke indeed. A shame to use Heliar name on it.

The VSL 43 is a K Mount manual focus SLR. A derivative of the VSL 43, the Dakota RZ-2000 was marketed by Ray Enterprises (Quantaray). The RZ-2000 was bundled with a 35-70 Quantaray zoom in K Bayonet mount. The RZ-2000 lacks the Aperture priority autoexposure mode of the VSL 43, but adds a self timer and filmspeed settings up to ISO 3200. The filmspeed setting on the RZ-2000 is relocated to the shutter speed dial, and the viewfinder lacks the shutter speed display of the VSL 43.

http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Cosina_Voigtl%C3%A4nder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is from the time the Voigtländer brand was used to generate some money. A few very cheap AF and MF lenses were sold at that time.

I think I recognize the maker of that lens: Tokina. It looks exactly like the Tokina 28-70/2.8 lens I once had.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both for clarifying this.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Voigtländer brand is still owned by Ringfoto and they are still free to do whatever they wish with it, it is only the rights to use the name for new products was licenced to Cosina.

Here is the Ringfoto's Voigtländer site:

http://www.voigtlaender.de/cms/voigtlaender/voigtlaender_cms.nsf/id/pa_home_d.html

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So why is it a joke? Is it such a bad lens?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is indeed a Tokina I don't see why this shouldn't be a great lens.

I would be tempted to play with it if the seller would ship it to Greece.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AhamB wrote:

I believe the consensus suggests it's simply a rebadge of a standard third-party zoom and nothing special, rather than the traditional or new CV quality some might be expecting with the name on the front. Buyer beware.

K.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't know a f/2.8 standard zoom that would be worth as little as this, but then I never really looked for them...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thePiRaTE!! wrote:
AhamB wrote:

I believe the consensus suggests it's simply a rebadge of a standard third-party zoom and nothing special, rather than the traditional or new CV quality some might be expecting with the name on the front. Buyer beware.

K.

+1
Heliar a century old name and also means highest quality level
Color-Heliar means top quality lens from 1960 , Tokina is pretty far from that.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still, it can be a decent (and fast) zoom lens. You never know...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a rebadged Tokina true but I'm pretty sure it's a re badge of a an AT-X so it's probably not bad at all if not as good as a genuine Voigtlander but then they don't make zooms anyway for the most part although there is the Zoomar but I'm pretty sure the Tokina would be the winner in that fight!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tokina, which seems to be the same lens, is actually really good! Very smooth bokeh and nice sharpness from f4 onwards! Sadly mine is broken!

For 70 bucks I would get it!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

had one in y hands a couple of years ago. Good lens but then sold it..... a shame really. Go for it for the price you found it at.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even price seems OK then. The same AT-X: Click here to see on Ebay.de