Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar Series 1 70-210/3.5 (ver.1 - Kiron)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's in Szczecin - Poland and it's Monument of Victims of December 70' - "Angel of Freedom" by Mr. Czesław Dźwigaj. Statue caused a lot of stir and comments in the city as there is a lot of people who hates it as well as who likes it - like always and everywhere I think.

I didn't have Komine version, so I couldn't comment but as I said - I had Tokina version, which I hated (although it could be broken example). I really like my Kiron version, despite it has some fungus spots it produces great images. I think I'm going to clean it one day as I did with one copy already (I bought one absolutely full of fungus cheaply, cleaned, test it and sell it for profit as I prefer my current OM mount version instead Nikon one I sold).

Mateusz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miran: Your third shot is wonderful. And the shot of the River Cooter (turtle) is nearly identical to one of mine recently. Where were these taken?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:

We keep hearing that the Komine version is the best of the Vivitar 70-210's - and yet it is the Kiron that is posting excellent image after excellent image.

that's something what goes through my mind since a while..

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tedat wrote:
Oldhand wrote:

We keep hearing that the Komine version is the best of the Vivitar 70-210's - and yet it is the Kiron that is posting excellent image after excellent image.

that's something what goes through my mind since a while..

That's true. I bought my Kiron copy on the impulse and afterwards I was worried that I bought the weakest version of the Viv S1 70-210, but then I found thread after thread after thread on this forum full of great photos taken with Kiron version and when I finally got it,... well... it put big smile on my face Smile.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
Miran: Your third shot is wonderful. And the shot of the River Cooter (turtle) is nearly identical to one of mine recently. Where were these taken?

Thanks. All these were taken near my hometown, Krško, Slovenia. The turtle is an invasive species, apparently all over Europe. People keep them as pets and when they don't want them anymore, they leave them in the wild.