Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Great day!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Great day! Reply with quote

Last sunday we celebrated our son's christening. It was a great day. Many friends came and everybody was in a good mood.
But it also was great because of that:

I got to shoot some frames with a friend's Leica M3. Wow! This beauty feels great!
Shot with a Ricoh 35 EFS (Color Rikenon 2.8/40) on Kodak ISO200 film.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Sell your DSLR and take one

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice.
I'm not familiar with Leica bits and bobs; what's that on top of it?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a coupled meter. The M3 does not have a built-in meter, so Leica invented an add-on solution, but not just a simple hotshoe meter, no, Leica designed it to be coupled with the exposure setting wheel. Well, Leica...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
Very nice.
I'm not familiar with Leica bits and bobs; what's that on top of it?

It looks like a lightmeter coupled to the shutter speed dial.

Congratulations for the Christening Carsten. Looks like the day went well.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
That's a coupled meter. The M3 does not have a built-in meter, so Leica invented an add-on solution, but not just a simple hotshoe meter, no, Leica designed it to be coupled with the exposure setting wheel. Well, Leica...

Oops, I was late sending my message! Smile Pentax did a similar coupled light meter for the pre-Spotmatic cameras, but I don't know who thought of it first.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the christening, Carsten! Nice cam, too, BTW. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, only Bill has enough brain to congrats to Carsten Embarassed Sorry friend! Congrats to you and your family!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila, Peter did too, in his first post... Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ok that is very good seems I am not just not polite enough , I am blind too Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the day Carsten!

These are great times for families and friends to get together and celebrate such an important occasion.

Jim