Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss Ikon Contaflex Super . . .
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 2:47 pm    Post subject: Zeiss Ikon Contaflex Super . . . Reply with quote

Life keeps one away without realizing it, but that's another topic . . . Rolling Eyes

Anyway, starting to finally get back into photography, and discovered my Zeiss Ikon Contaflex Super was loaded with film fro this past fall when I found a Pro Tessar set in an Antique Market Shocked (though this is where my Minolta XE-5 was rescued from).

I guess I meant to check them out last fall, but weather / life /my body or whatever else, said No.Tucked into my accessible gear caddy I built and now I am digging it out.

Here are my questions if anyone knows . . .
The body does all the work, and when the lenses are locked into place there is a gap between the 2.

I guess one would visually tune in the image after setting aperture and doing the main focusing via camera and finally shoot. There are no stops with the auxiliary lenses, just a dof scale . . . am I missing anything? Very appreciative if anyone has any experience with system. Always loved the camera, don't use it as much as I should and was so excited when I found the auxiliary lens set.

Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2024 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody know how to operate it?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2024 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a couple of auxillary lenses like that here myself that I've never used.
One is marked "Nikkorex" and has a pretty small threaded mounting ring at it's base.
The other is marked "Ricoh" and appears to have a 49mm threaded base.
They came in one of my package deals. I suppose I should try the Ricoh unit one of these days- I'd be more likely able to get it mounted on one of my lenses.

-D.S.