Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 44-2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Helios 44-2 Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay

Very satisfied with the price Very Happy Now I am one step closer to catching up with some lens lists of y'all Twisted Evil

Ok, I got this lens today. It's very clean except it is like it has been sitting in oil. All the metal is soaked and the aperture (glass is fine).
I read one time that with russian glass to expect oil on blades but is this common?
Should I give it a good cleaning or will that mess things up?

Thanks guys for any and all input.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Till aperture works don't need to clean, this is a Kalasnyikov lens not an M-16
works everywhere perfect Smile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Attila!

I was just worried about the oil and if it may pose a threat to my cameras. When I took it off of the Zenit E my hands were covered in oil!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is abnormal!!! Too much, you had right, need to clean it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will get a good bath tonight, thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shad309 wrote:
Thanks Attila!

I was just worried about the oil and if it may pose a threat to my cameras. When I took it off of the Zenit E my hands were covered in oil!!!

Been stored a long time, according to the seller. Probably by somebody who wanted to make sure it wouldn't get infected or rot away.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the body works fine as far as I can tell. Haven't ran any film through it and probably wont as I never shoot it anymore. Yep, I am one of those. Haven't shot film since 2002 and my purchase of a Canon D60.

So, if anyone wants a body or needs a spare, I will part with it for very little Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile One of the most common cam and not very usable at all.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's definately a BRICK. It might make someone a good bookend Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, you found the right position for this guy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree. It's a very usable body. All I use is a zenit B. The brick comment I agree with though...haha.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:
I disagree. It's a very usable body. All I use is a zenit B. The brick comment I agree with though...haha.

I agree with your disagree Smile
Agricultural and lumpy, it may be, but it's dead reliable. Like an old MZ, that just starts and goes and gets you to work every morning.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, I agree with the disagree too, and I don't even own one. But I know another photog who has a Zenit, though it may not be the same model. But his IS a brick, and he uses it for exceptional images. I'm certainly aware that there are beautifully engineered cameras, and I certainly would probably pick an OM-3 over a Zenit for use, but when you get really down to it, they are just a light-tight box with various controls.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can be O so pretty...

Tis my love

~Marc

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, like I said, if anyone wants the body...you are welcome to it. Just pay for shipping and it's yours. Even comes with the original hard case Very Happy

Mole, you know it's every guys dream to have 2 girls..... Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mole, you know it's every guys dream to have 2 girls.....

haha, well my other love (the ballerina) can be seen in the "jena tessar 2.8/50" post just a few messages away from this one.

Quote:
Just pay for shipping and it's yours. Even comes with the original hard case

I will gladly accept your kind offer. It never hurts to have another body lying around...at least for spares. But only if your absolutely sure...you could probably get a couple of bucks if you post it on ebay again.

~Marc

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marc,
I am sure. I got what I was after, the Helios Very Happy

Shoot me a PM with your address and I will send it off to you. I will give you my paypal addy then. Also, I will ship it USPS so that I can get it out this weekend.

Understand your "other" love, I have one too. Yours is quite lovely. Be thankful she will let you use her as a model. When I try for mine I get a nice photo of her hand.....