Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus eye cups retro compatible?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject: Olympus eye cups retro compatible? Reply with quote

Can anyone with an Evolt or similar Olympus digital tell me if the eye cup fits an OM? I've had zero luck trying to get a hold of an OM (-2) diopter for my OM2n. I have a rectangular Nikon piece but it doesn't fit very well. An Ebay seller states that a Zenit adjustable diopter will fit but I have no way to confirm. Zenit viewfinders always look more square like Canon, whereas Olympus is very rectangular. Any advice is appreciated. I just hate shooting with glasses on.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a Canon rubber eye piece on my om2, the fit is fine, so perhaps Canon's diopter lens's will fit?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. I'll try to hunt down a Canon eyepiece to see how it fits. I always thought the trim around Canon viewfinders were kinda square lookin.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just tried a Canon eyepiece from my 10D onto my OM-1 and the Canon slot is too narrow for the OM - it would break it.
Also tried a Pentax K-series (old style) eyepiece adaptor on the OM and it's the same - no surprise there, as I bought that for the back of the Canon.

Pentacon fitting is too wide, just for a bit of variation.