Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tele-Auto Soligor 2.8/135 serial 66
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Tele-Auto Soligor 2.8/135 serial 66 Reply with quote

I have not used this lens in a long while so took it out the other day,the results were very pleasing.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These have a beautiful soft Meyer look to their colours Moira, while being sharp at the same time.
Is this the Komine version of the Soligor?
OH

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be good photos -- I smell Carnations Laughing

What in the world is that little pig-like doll in second photo? Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if there is such a thing as the Komine look much like there is a Meyer look to images.
Some lens images have a characteristic that seems to be theirs and belongs to their family of lenses.
I have a few Komines - I might just try that theory out one day.
Lovely carnation Moira
OH

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Oh,I would not know who made it...the serial is H 66 if that means anything.For me I just like the old all metal lenses and this is one of them.There are photos somewhere on the forum of this lens.
The little pig like thing is what you grow grass in for kids so they can then cut its "grass hair" continually if they like.Or in this case leave it out when there is a heatwave and the grass dies. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6 is Komine, according to the best information - this forum. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
6 is Komine, according to the best information - this forum. Wink

Not a carnation, and not a Soligor, but a Komine/Vivitar 135 and a dianthus (I think - I'm not big on flowers)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are right it is a Dianthus.There does appear to be a very nice smooth OOF area in both images, I think my f stop was 5.6 or under.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Sorry Oh,I would not know who made it...the serial is H 66 if that means anything.

If it is engraved Soligor Tele-Auto with H66xxxx serial it is probably from Tokina.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

casualcollector wrote:
mo wrote:
Sorry Oh,I would not know who made it...the serial is H 66 if that means anything.

If it is engraved Soligor Tele-Auto with H66xxxx serial it is probably from Tokina.

Yes, you may be correct but it has a Komine look to my eyes.
I have a Tokina 135/2.8 in Vivitar and it renders differently with higher contrast and is sometimes a little softer wide open.
Here are some examples:

The Tokinas that I have used all seem to give higher contrast than the Komines that I have used.
Both lenses are excellent to me, just with different characters
OH

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the post where there is a picture of it
http://forum.mflenses.com/soligor-2-8-135mm-sample-shots-t24829,start,15.html

I remember now also using it at a night time rugby match ,and taking some images of the dam wall being made higher,OH you might enjoy those ones.So all in all its a great all round lens well worth the money spent.
RUGBY
DAM WALL and EMUS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:

I remember now also using it at a night time rugby match ,and taking some images of the dam wall being made higher,OH you might enjoy those ones.So all in all its a great all round lens well worth the money spent.
RUGBY
DAM WALL and EMUS

A handsome looking lens.
I have hiked in to those falls, but can't remember their name.
Brumbies vs 'tahs - go Brumbies!
Thanks for the dam pictures - lotsa memories there
OH

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:

This is Tokina for sure.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
a dianthus

aka "pinks" as flower edge looks like edge of fabric cut using pinking shears...