Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter-9 plastic body version on K5IIs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Jupiter-9 plastic body version on K5IIs Reply with quote

Acquired this lens recently with very low price (12 USD) coz elements have fungus! I took the lens apert, cleaned all the elements with soap water, dried them all and then reassemble. Now it's a new lens and work perfectly well! Smile Smile

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never seen plastic body J-9 can you show lens as well ? Great series, but as always due light not great require PP.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I never seen plastic body J-9 can you show lens as well ? Great series, but as always due light not great require PP.

Here is the lens. The mount is metal, but the lens body is plastic!

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure ? perhaps you have latest one , I had this lens a few times and actually have it too, I couldn't see any plastic parts.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Are you sure ? perhaps you have latest one , I had this lens a few times and actually have it too, I couldn't see any plastic parts.

I am sure! The touch, the sound by hitting it with metal key ... etc. I of course would not test it be scratching it! Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some outdoor photos! Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a real oddball of a lens there. I'm wondering if it has a plastic coating over metal. Either way, you have some great shots there. How much (if any) post processing?

-Ben

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Splendid shots. Indeed i also believe you have mistaken thick paint for plastic.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aluminium no doubt.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as the lens elements aren't plastic you be good Very Happy

Nice series Wink

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enliten wrote:
You have a real oddball of a lens there. I'm wondering if it has a plastic coating over metal. Either way, you have some great shots there. How much (if any) post processing?

-Ben

Most photos just adjusted brightness. Some added one click of cotrast. Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
Splendid shots. Indeed i also believe you have mistaken thick paint for plastic.

OIC ! Thanks! Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Aluminium no doubt.

Thanks for viewing and the info! Smile Smile

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
As long as the lens elements aren't plastic you be good Very Happy

Nice series Wink

That;s right! Thank you! Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:50 am    Post subject: Re: Jupiter-9 plastic body version on K5IIs Reply with quote

ferrick wrote:
Acquired this lens recently with very low price (12 USD) coz elements have fungus! I took the lens apert, cleaned all the elements with soap water, dried them all and then reassemble. Now it's a new lens and work perfectly well! Smile Smile

Looks like you did a great job cleaning the lens. Very nice results! I am also surprised by the mention of the plastic build - what are the first two digits of the serial number? They usually indicate the year of manufacture.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Jupiter-9 plastic body version on K5IIs Reply with quote

Laurentiu Cristofor wrote:
ferrick wrote:

Looks like you did a great job cleaning the lens. Very nice results! I am also surprised by the mention of the plastic build - what are the first two digits of the serial number? They usually indicate the year of manufacture.

It's 0200893. Does that mean it was made in 2002?

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:

I have checked it again. It does not look like thick paint for plastic. The look, the texture, the feel, the sound all different from the rear mounting part (which is also black in color and certainly metal). Question Question

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you have a super rare Russian plastic J-9 then Very Happy

Prototype with new materials perhaps?!? Surprised

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:

Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps! Laughing Laughing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_fcG9GXeRw

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:

In another forum, someone also mentioned about a "newer plastic barrel" version of the MC Jupiter-9 (see this link: http://photo.net/classic-cameras-forum/00ESoc )! I guess I am correct that it's plastic.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No topic isn't really convincing. Let us know it's weight and we could compare it with well known versions.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Jupiter-9 looks the same as that one and I always thought it was plastic, too, but I haven't really checked. I guess the way to know for sure would be to scratch it and see if metal or plastic comes out, but, well, I'm not going to do it for obvious reasons. =)

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkku wrote:
My Jupiter-9 looks the same as that one and I always thought it was plastic, too, but I haven't really checked. I guess the way to know for sure would be to scratch it and see if metal or plastic comes out, but, well, I'm not going to do it for obvious reasons. =)

Me too!

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is metal. I have a MC version with the same body and it doesn't look plastic, maybe it is the paint/coating finish feeling. I have a worn and faded I-61 L/Z which has the same finish and it is made from some kind of metal (aluminium?)...

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots !