Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First walk-out with the Retinette 1B
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: First walk-out with the Retinette 1B Reply with quote

A very cold, windy and bright, contrasty day. Much too cold for arty shots but I wanted to see how it handles and shoots. Mostly f11 and f8 at 1/250th. Minor light adjustments.

Tide's in by skida, on Flickr

Pit Wheel, Cambois by skida, on Flickr

Let's go for a walk by skida, on Flickr

Beach Path, Cambois by skida, on Flickr

Erosion Defences, Cambois by skida, on Flickr

...and can hear anything you may say! by skida, on Flickr

Conclusion: The light meter works. The hood was on for all shots. I like it and it shoots well.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow never knew my one could be so good when I bought one new many moons ago.....just B\W for me then and just small prints.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put the hood on the end of the filter and I think it has caused a little vignetting, but other than that there's nothing to complain about.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good results! Seems to be a fine camera, i didn't think it would be this good!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...very good indeed. Cool

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop! I don't need another camera! Especially one that folds up so nicely into a pocket.
Nice results.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
Especially one that folds up so nicely into a pocket.
Nice results.

Thanks!

If it makes you feel better - this is the fixed lens compact, not the folder.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful pictures, I believe you can produce similar with any cam Smile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks folks for the nice comments. The camera is a definite keeper! I have never owned any camera with a Rodenstock lens before, but I understand it was a Schneider design and the Xenar on my Balda is also a good'n.