Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ecce Machina: Sinar F1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Ecce Machina: Sinar F1 Reply with quote

Guys,

Thanks to every one who gave a hand to step up to this quality level of hardware!
I'm deeply impressed with fine-tune capabilities and high level of engineering used to deploy a camera as this one.

The Sinar F-series (F1 and F2 are almost the same camera, being mine the F1, more affordable model).

The pack came from South Corea:

1)

With a lego-camera inside,

2)

Trying to figure out wich part will fit where...

3)

Well, some days before I founf on the net some prospects and manual of this camera series showing the parts and detailed construction, so, let's start the assembling game:

4)

5) The lens is a Sinaron 5.6/210mm, which makes a 70mm equiv. in the FF size.

6) ... And voilà, the camera is ready for shooting (well, almost, it laks actually a little detail: film!

7) And the camera mounted over a tripod, outdoor.

Cool

9)

This is the main difference for me until now: the size of the display! There is some sort of magic when composing an image with a display so large...

10)

11)

13)

That's it! Let's hope I can do as good as I do with "eletric-Iron", but for now, what I have is only the camera and some stuff that will come in the next days and weeks: film 4x5, film 120, roll back for 120 film, chemicals for negative developing, 120 and 4x5 dev. tanks, etc...

As soon as it arrives I'll be able to go out and take some shots, and naturally I'll try to post in the forum.

II'm sure I'll bore you with style!

Very Happy

Cheers,

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations for this camera!
I worked with one during my studies. Nice camera (ok, the p2 is even better) - and yes, the large screen is great!
Sometimes I miss the largeformat work - but I do not want to start darkroom work again.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a nice machine!!! Now go and find a more sturdy tripod/or tripod head than the one, I can see watching the photos... Twisted Evil

Klaus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoneV wrote:
Congratulations for this camera!
I worked with one during my studies. Nice camera (ok, the p2 is even better) - and yes, the large screen is great!
Sometimes I miss the largeformat work - but I do not want to start darkroom work again.

ZoneV,

Thanks,

Agree, the p2 is even better, and there are better then the p2 around to empty our suffering pockets.... But that's what fits at the budget at this moment, with all the carnival of processing items one have to afford.

Really, I found a copy in very good shape. In the same shape I found only P2 for the double of the price paid or more!

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

exaklaus wrote:
What a nice machine!!! Now go and find a more sturdy tripod/or tripod head than the one, I can see watching the photos... Twisted Evil

Klaus

Klaus,

Agree, the little Manfrotto combo I own is the unique I own, and seems ridiculous for this size & height of camera! Being aware of that, it's time to search for a used in good shape at ebay ou keh, for instance.

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! There are still some people with style here obviously Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Renato! Look forward your shoots!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh that looks awesome!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice looking kit - congrats.
The huge viewscreen is always an eye-opener (and I have no experience of even larger formats, I'm sure they're even more eye-dinging) compared to tiny little squinting screens we're used to. It's like having your own personal TV screen Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila, Karen & Farside,

Thank you, all!

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Renato,
do you have some results, meanwhile?
Greetings
klaus