Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Interesting bag of bits and pieces
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Interesting bag of bits and pieces Reply with quote

I got a message from a friend on Facebook saying: "...if your interested I have a Fuji 35m camera with extra lens, flash unit case and even it's instruction manual , let me know if you would like it.... "

I told her my spending was being curtailed and she replied "It's yours if you want it".

We arranged a meet at the pub and she handed me a carrier bag with lots of stuff in. I quickly looked in, saw a few names on cameras, and bought her and her man a drink as a thank you. Cost of the round was £6.15.

We stayed to watch the band then came home, where I was able to inspect the contents a little more closely. The contents:

Nikon F-301 body with Nikkor 1.8/50 lens and pop-back hood, Nikon Series E 2.8/28 lens and a proper, thick, instruction book.

Yashica Campus RF camera with fixed Yashinon 4.5cm f2.8 lens.

Richoh FF-1 ultra compact with Color Rikenon 2.8/35mm lens.

The Nikon and Yashica stuff is all in excellent condition, with the Nikon looking like it has only had 2 or 3 films through it. The Ricoh light seals are in place but look to be a little perished.

I am going to have some fun!

ps: No Fuji or flash unit, but I am not disappointed. Very Happy

Last edited by skida on Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good going Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could get arrested for robbery ! Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! A steal! Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! Look forward your great shoots!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On closer inspection:

The Nikon camera has absolutely not one speck of dust inside or on the focus screen, and there are no marks on the film pressure plate, so I am beginning to suspect it has never been used.

The Yashica has obviously been used but is very clean inside. All shutter speeds look right (non-scientific guesswork). The lens has some specks of dust on the outside.

In the tiny Ricoh I found found batteries, but there was no leakage and after taking them out and running my fingers across the surface, they surprised me by working when re-inserted. The seals are a bit goo-ey, but I will run a film through anyway.

The Nikon has auto load and wind-on, which is a worry as I didn't have a very good experience with an earlier compact that did the same - though the Nikon has a warning light for incorrectly loaded film. I have to say that although it was aimed at the amateur market, it feels very robust and the split prism focusing is a joy to behold.

I am hoping to try them out tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ricoh FF-1 is a steal all by itself! Shocked I know Carsten has one and likes it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Nikon F301 (I have the US ver N2000) is a nice camera...I'd like to use mine more with Nikon lenses, but the prices puts me off.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The downside is that it is yet another mount system. I have M42, OM, Minolta MD, Fuji X and now Nikon F. I don't intend to buy anymore lenses for it (but we all say that, don't we?).

I went out for a walk this afternoon with all three cameras around the local reclaimed and landscaped pit heap to give them a try-out. As I walked along a woodland path I heard a groan. When I looked into the trees I saw a young lad with his trousers undone and a young lady on her knees in front of him, performing a "special favour". I hurried away lest they saw me with my three cameras and got the wrong idea. Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skida wrote:
The downside is that it is yet another mount system. I have M42, OM, Minolta MD, Fuji X and now Nikon F. I don't intend to buy anymore lenses for it (but we all say that, don't we?).

I went out for a walk this afternoon with all three cameras around the local reclaimed and landscaped pit heap to give them a try-out. As I walked along a woodland path I heard a groan. When I looked into the trees I saw a young lad with his trousers undone and a young lady on her knees in front of him, performing a "special favour". I hurried away lest they saw me with my three cameras and got the wrong idea. Shocked

Up a tree ? That's a good idea Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skida wrote:

Dogging cameras? Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the excitement of yesterday, I decided to study the instruction manual, only to find it wasn't really an instruction manual, more a book about the possibilities using the F-301. It didn't actually tell me what all the buttons and levers did. On the first shoot, I nearly crapped when it started shooting a series in rapid succession! It was at this point I realised it had a built in motordrive!

I have bought a manufacturers instruction manual off ebay for £7, rather than trying to translate the French one available on Butkus!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
Dogging cameras? Smile

I covered their lenses with my hand in case they were too shocked to continue on the photo-shoot. Shocked Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skida wrote:

I have bought a manufacturers instruction manual off ebay for £7, rather than trying to translate the French one available on Butkus!

Strange as I got my English ver from Butkus for N2000 which is identical to f301, but the French one comes up now Sad

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The instruction book came yesterday and now I know what all the buttons are for! Surprised

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Che culo!"
We say in Italian spoken language Laughing