Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I am going to do it myself.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: I am going to do it myself. Reply with quote

First devoloped B&W film in Mums bathroom 50 years ago but couldn't resist this for $20,brand new in box never been used,wish me luck.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck,
what did you take this picture with?
Did you paint it yourself Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nurkov wrote:
good luck,

I am also wondering what was used to capture this picture Razz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SonicScot wrote:
nurkov wrote:
good luck,

I am also wondering what was used to capture this picture Razz

LOL Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nurkov wrote:
good luck,

Here is a classic joke about used cars:

"Is it hand painted?"
"No, I used a brush."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The picture was what the seller on local buy and sell site posted where I bought it.I didn't buy the outfit for the stunning picture ,I bought it because I thought it was a bargain,maybe I was wrong. The picture seems to have caused more interest than the B&W kit I apologize.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No no Kryss, it's just that it is probably the worst quality photo we've ever seen on this forum, we don't mean to take away from your bargain deal. Embarassed sorry we got sidetracked, hope you make a success of using the kit. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have been in Photography for over 50 years 40 of them as well paid professional,I am now 73 and still enjoy a handsome income from sale of my Macro floral prints,I support this Forum for intelligent feedback and Knowledge which 99.9% of the time I receive.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This just the equipment or chemicals too? You going to do B&W?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a kit,everything you need to develop 35mm B&W film.The box has not been opened so it should be obvious the pic is of the box,furthermore I would assume it may be illegal as well as dangerous to ship toxic chemicals in such a container.It appears to be of German origin and likely for a young acolyte to become involved in the magic of film photography.I purchased it because I still shoot a lot of B&W and thought it was a bargain @ $20 and contains everything(apart from chemicals) If all items were purchased separately I think it would have cost a lot more.Hope this answers your question.Regards.PS.I was highly offended by the inference of 2 previous posters that maybe I had taken the pic.I have placed them in my pneuma-cranium folder.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
.PS.I was highly offended by the inference of 2 previous posters that maybe I had taken the pic.I have placed them in my pneuma-cranium folder.

Ah, lighten up, willya? Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
This is a kit,everything you need to develop 35mm B&W film.The box has not been opened so it should be obvious the pic is of the box,furthermore I would assume it may be illegal as well as dangerous to ship toxic chemicals in such a container.It appears to be of German origin and likely for a young acolyte to become involved in the magic of film photography.I purchased it because I still shoot a lot of B&W and thought it was a bargain @ $20 and contains everything(apart from chemicals) If all items were purchased separately I think it would have cost a lot more.Hope this answers your question.Regards.PS.I was highly offended by the inference of 2 previous posters that maybe I had taken the pic.I have placed them in my pneuma-cranium folder.

It shouldn't cost "a lot more" if, by "all items" you mean the above kit plus the developing chemicals. Last time I bought some Kodak D-76 and Kodak rapid fixer, I think I paid about $8 per package. Mixed, each one provides a gallon of chemicals. B&W chems are still stocked by most any halfway decent camera shop. If there's one in your area, try them first before you resort to mail order.

As for the above comments regarding that photo, I think you're being way too sensitive. Back in the old days of the FIDO BBS network, a bulletin board discussion network that predated the Internet, rule 6 stated:

6) a. Thou shalt not excessively annoy others.
b. Thou shalt not be too easily annoyed.

6 b applies here.