Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ihagee Duplex
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Ihagee Duplex Reply with quote

This is a double extension folding plate camera, Ihagee produced these for what seems like a couple of decades. Mine has a Compur dating to 1934 and a Tessar from 1931, based on serial numbers. This camera has a Suydam 6x9 roll film back - I'm posting some pictures of it to give an idea of how these things work.

First the ad:

Three Other Famous Ihagee Models 1939 by Nesster, on Flickr

Suydam 120 Roll Film Adapter by Nesster, on Flickr

The camera itself:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful piece! Congrats! Look forward your shoots! I expect a lot from this camera.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ihagees are great. I love the old 120 backs, too. Every one I got with a camera has worked perfectly, no light leaks and no film scratching.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the premium plate camera model from Ihagee.

The top of the line from most makers would have been like this one, with double extension, geared rise and shift, spirit level, etc. Plus a Compur shutter and Tessar-type lens.

Super-premium models were only made by a few makers like Voigtlander, Zeiss and Certo, I don't think Ihagee went there. Those had in addition interchangeable lens systems, optional 5-element lenses (Heliars, Protars, etc.), some also drop beds and tilt.

I like the Suydam back best of all.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty excited with this - I was the only bidder too! Shocked

While bumming around the net I happened onto this excellent book:
http://www.exaktacircle.org/Books/ihgmen&cam.pdf

I suppose I'll post this in the links section also

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens Vade Mecum says these 4.5 Tessars are 'impressive' so fingers crossed.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could live in one, and rent out the other side, no, wrong duplex! Laughing

Looking forward to your first roll, Jussi! Cool

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a lovely looker. Eager anticipation here too.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the best looking built back , congrats! I have Auto Ultrix folder if you ever think about to sell your camera let me to know it, I will do same with my folder to be sure they will find each other if possible Wink