Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tair 11a
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Tair 11a Reply with quote

Black Tair 11a bought new. This is one of the first lenses I learned of here. Had it for quite a while and am just now using it regularly. Absolutely love it!

At f/4

Shot at either wide open or between 2.8 and 4. I missed focus maybe a tad here. Windy!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an excellent lens - really is.
It was one of the first MF lenses I bought in this current configuration (I already had a couple from previous days) and the first Russian for me.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, great lens. you show it well Mark.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I was walking in my neighborhood, on my way to floral shooting, this homeless man asked me to take his picture. I had the Tair 11a on the camera with an extension tube. This image may be wide open or @ f/4. This is the Tair's real strong suit, portraiture. Maybe my strong suit as well.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, yes, portraiture is definitely your strong suit. Love this portrait as well as others that I've seen from you previously.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

images are looking good...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see such amazing pictures, I urge you to keep them coming!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Tair 11a Reply with quote

Kram wrote:
Black Tair 11a bought new. This is one of the first lenses I learned of here. Had it for quite a while and am just now using it regularly. Absolutely love it!

At f/4

Shot at either wide open or between 2.8 and 4. I missed focus maybe a tad here. Windy!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawesome! oil on canvas! love this picture Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Tair 11A Reply with quote

A fine pair of hands and excellent eye you have. lovely images with the Tair- my first Russian too. It is a lovely barrel.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:33 am    Post subject: Re: Tair 11a Reply with quote

Hari wrote:

Thanks Hari!

ariban wrote:
A fine pair of hands and excellent eye you have. lovely images with the Tair- my first Russian too. It is a lovely barrel.

Much appreciated, Arijit!

Hari, I was drooling over your amazing collection of lenses and was surprised to see that I actually own one lens in your list!
Which one? The cheapest, of course! The Canon EF 50 1.8 II. Humble but very good despite being AF!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was surprised to see user ariban images on Digital Gallery MF with the same lens. Now I see your fine results, first image exquisite, superb portrait, color... is a very interesting lens. Congratulations on your good work and thanks for showing.

Happy shots!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Tair 11a Reply with quote

Kram wrote:
Hari wrote:

Thanks Hari!

ariban wrote:

Much appreciated, Arijit!

Hari, I was drooling over your amazing collection of lenses and was surprised to see that I actually own one lens in your list!
Which one? The cheapest, of course! The Canon EF 50 1.8 II. Humble but very good despite being AF!

The pleasure is all mine! Lovely images!

The 50 1.8 II is plastic, cheap, has no aperture ring etc etc but what results! Absolutely has to be one of my fav's! Every now and then there are situations where AF is needed and this little one doesn't disappoint!