Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cooke Speed Panchro f2 108mm - autumnal poem
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Cooke Speed Panchro f2 108mm - autumnal poem Reply with quote

Here some images shot using this lens with a PRIMARFLEX-M42 adapter on my Lumix GH1; all shot fully open at f2. A dull day with not much light to use; now I understand why this lens was made for shooting Hollywood films at low light situations, while retaining colorful images ...

This is the lens used: http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,1277397.html

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you did the right thing to keep it

these are stunning colours under these conditions and looking at some details of the flowers or the skin of the tiger, this is a perfect result for wide open shots,
it seems to have a usable dof at F2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Thomas - the DOF is rather razor thin at f2 and needs a good shooting posture, but works very well actually as it allows high(er) speeds. The colors and contrast are quite amazing and I remember old Hollywood films shot with these Cooke Speed Panchros. They're still being used for some retro looks, most likely as it has that fine "glow" when shot wide open.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing, my socks are off

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like these images, but having been a fan of Klaus' work for a while, I suspect it's his skill rather than a good lens.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning images indeed!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot guys! Yes, I guess I know how to handle lenses and I have a feeling what they are good at, but nevertheless it also needs such a lens... The "whole package" has to be right Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful and somehow surprising results.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Orio - what do you find surprising?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Thanks Orio - what do you find surprising?

I thought it was an uncoated triplet... now I read it isn't so forget my surprised comment
Smile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love number #6

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love from #3 onward, what a gem of a lens! Shocked

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it really is! I'm glad I gave it a spin on my camera. Too bad I have no fitting 6x6 here, to see what it would do on slides.