Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

WITHDRAWN: TTH Cooke Special Anastigmat f2/108mm covers 6x6
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: WITHDRAWN: TTH Cooke Special Anastigmat f2/108mm covers 6x6 Reply with quote

Selling a special high resolution lens, a Taylor, Taylor Hobson Cooke Special Anastigmat f2/108mm lens for up to 2.3x2.3" (6x6cm) format. Lens mount is PRIMARFLEX but will sell adapter to M42 thread mount with it. Lens covers Hasselblad format and can be adapted to fit. Rare lens, only a handful of those were ever made.

Lens is in excellent working condition. Asking $xxx for it, worldwide insured shipping included.

Last edited by kds315* on Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:29 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just drop you a pm.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful lens! I'm not interesting but I'm curious Very Happy ....Does the lens have an focus helicoid and have you tried this lens on M4/3 cam (or other cam)? if yes, I would love to see some samples Very Happy ....

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how long is the register distance? do you think it would cover 6x7cm format? this is out of budget unfortunately, but also am curious:)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sale is withdrawn.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what company COOKE told me about it:

U.S. patent no. 1,955,591 is H.W. Lee's Speed Panchro design of 1931. There were 8 focal lengths made including a 108mm at f/2.0 for motion picture use. As you probably know, Cooke Speed Panchros were the standard lens used by Hollywood for the better part of the 20th century. However, TT&H lenses made of the classic six-element double-Gauss type were: Amotal, Ivotal, Kinic, Opic, Panchrotal and Speed Panchro.

Because your lens is marked f/2 Cooke Special Anastigmat and the mount is (what?) fitted for a Perimetar (remark: it is for PRIMARFLEX) camera, it indeed seems to be a "special" lens. Old Cooke Speed Panchro lenses are remounted today by some individuals to fit their 35mm still cameras. Looks like you have one that works well for medium format that's already mounted (remark: and has focusing built in). What luck!

So it is indeed a very rare piece, as it was computed and made to cover 6x6 format (2x2"), so I better keep that gem, especially as I found images shot with such Speed Pancho's showing excellent IQ and nice bokeh (can't show them due to copyright issues), especially in low light situations (which it was made for, as there was a special demand in Hollywood films for such situations preserving IQ and colors)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear that you withdrawn the sale of this "special" lens. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - I will take a few shots weather permitting and show them here...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see Horace Lee getting a mention - and a palindromic patent number.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A great designer he was, checked all his patents the other day. That one made him famous indeed (and the OPIC) and teh symmetrical number is great - wish my lens serial would be same type, as I like special serial numbers Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took a walk today using this lens: http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,1277394.html

Guess it gets clear why I don't sell it ... Wink