Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Halina-Prefect
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Halina-Prefect Reply with quote

So my new TOY is now this Halina-Prefect. Very Happy Got this one last week Very Happy

This is the not so common brown version about it. Made at Hong Kong about 1960.
Comes with three apertures F8, F11, F16. It's time is somewhere at 1/50 and it's with fixed focus, so it's almost full automatic. Laughing Laughing
Real handy 'point and shoot' TRL camera with it's very small size.

This is mainly for my douple exposure snap shot photographing at 6x6 size (an another pair for my Holga what I use for the same).
Halina's image quality is some kind similar as Holga's (low contrast and poor Very Happy ) but that's not the main issue when you're using these kinds for douples.

Here's some first test pics with it. Film TriX and scanner Epson V600.

some s-curves for conrast

straight from the scanner

I tested it also with Fuji Pro 400H. Here's two from that film.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one but I found the shutter lever too awkward. How does one fire the shutter without shaking the camera? I have no idea.

It does give "perfect" toy camera effects though.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mos6502 wrote:
I had one but I found the shutter lever too awkward. How does one fire the shutter without shaking the camera? I have no idea.

It does give "perfect" toy camera effects though.

That was wonder also for me at first. Then I found that it's (maybe very very long time unused) 'guillotine' type shutter was jammed to it's 'B' position. After some it's trigger practice she remembered again how she should work (open and also close when you pull the trigger Very Happy ). After that this TOY's shutter has worked 'perfectly'Laughing (at least for these test films). Very Happy

I was short one day trip at Tallinn last weekend and I took also this one to my bag to test it there. Got those negatives from the lab yesterday. Seems to work and fun to use. Very Happy Took there also some pics with my Agfa Isolette lll with it's little bit different image quality abilities. This is that Halina's thread, but here's one example from the Isolette from that same trip.

Straight from the scanner without any PP. Agfa Isolette lll. Film HP5.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Halina looks pretty crappy, but it has a certain charm. I have 2 35mm Halinas which I like for reasons I do not understand.

The Isolette shot shows the Halina up.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many (or even most) of these budget rollfilm cameras weren't toys - they were family snapshotters for holidays and days out. As such, they met a need for something that would take record pics and be reasonably reliable without spending too much.
They just carried on the tradition of the Kodak box camera - simple, reliable, effective photography for the masses.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The images have a really nice feel.