Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

LBA again!!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: LBA again!!!! Reply with quote

I know I'm addicted and you know 'm addicted so we'll just get that out of the way now.

I sold off my large collection of lenses ( mostly Vivitars ) and bought CZJ's for the most part. Then I went on a CBA binge and bought around 70 cameras or so mostly funded from my lens sales.

When I sold off my lenses one set of my collection I've regretted selling. My CHROME NOSE VIVITARS!!!!!

I miss them and have started looking again to find them. I have a 28mm and am bidding on a 200mm at the present.

Am I slipping back into LBA???? I plan on using them with my Spotmatic F. I think they would look nice there.

OH yeah........PLEASE don't tell my wife. Little Dawg would have ears for that!!!!

Any leads to a Chrome Nose would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here is a Spotmatic with the 28mm mounted. Very nice looking on the Spotty if you ask me!! Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll have to tell little Dawg you are not dabbling in stocks and shares but commodities like cameras and lenses and you are going to make her rich in the future from your wise choice Wink

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you miss the chrome noses? Are they particularly nice lens to use? Pretty rare here in the UK, although Vivitar stuff in general is common.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
You'll have to tell little Dawg you are not dabbling in stocks and shares but commodities like cameras and lenses and you are going to make her rich in the future from your wise choice Wink

Not going there....she'd see through it in a minute!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Why do you miss the chrome noses? Are they particularly nice lens to use? Pretty rare here in the UK, although Vivitar stuff in general is common.

Made in 1967 they are the first fixed mount Vivitars sold and they were sold only for a year or so. They are very good shooters and quite rare. I really like the colors and bokeh Plus they just look so good on a Spotty.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a very pretty setup indeed.

As for making money -
I have. All in all my hobby pays for itself, if I don't account for the time I spend on it.
Its not that difficult to make the occasional ebay score, some simple repairs and cleaning, and sell for a good profit.
Its not going to make anyone rich, but its not that hard to finance the cheap end of this hobby.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Handsome Honeywell + crome nose !

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dawg wrote:
And here is a Spotmatic with the 28mm mounted. Very nice looking on the Spotty if you ask me!!

Looks great if you ask me, so I agree. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any good shrink will tell you that 99.9% of the pleasure comes from the search, the chase and the acquisition. That'll be $200 for online therapy fees, thank you. Laughing

Seriously though, I think there's some truth in it, but there's nothing wrong with pleasure. And you understand your lenses, you do use them, and above all - you share the experience. Enjoy it Big Dawg, we only come this way once. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Any good shrink will tell you that 99.9% of the pleasure comes from the search, the chase and the acquisition.

I don't know how many times I've stalked, waited, sniped and won; then, when it's arrived, unwrapped it, fondled it, tried it out for a bit (or not) and lost interest because something else has turned up on the screen.
I do eventually get them out again and give them a proper workout, but there are lenses in my drawer I bought two and three years ago I've not used yet.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Its a very pretty setup indeed.

As for making money -
I have. All in all my hobby pays for itself, if I don't account for the time I spend on it.
Its not that difficult to make the occasional ebay score, some simple repairs and cleaning, and sell for a good profit.
Its not going to make anyone rich, but its not that hard to finance the cheap end of this hobby.

What he said!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yinyangbt wrote:
Handsome Honeywell + crome nose !

Thanks Teo. I agree!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
Big Dawg wrote:
And here is a Spotmatic with the 28mm mounted. Very nice looking on the Spotty if you ask me!!

Looks great if you ask me, so I agree. Very Happy

Works great too.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Any good shrink will tell you that 99.9% of the pleasure comes from the search, the chase and the acquisition. That'll be $200 for online therapy fees, thank you. Laughing

Seriously though, I think there's some truth in it, but there's nothing wrong with pleasure. And you understand your lenses, you do use them, and above all - you share the experience. Enjoy it Big Dawg, we only come this way once. Wink

True my friend and I intend on enjoying the trip. Just need more time to use all this. Got the 200mm tonight. Now for the 135mm, the 35mm and the 85-205mm. That will put the family together again.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
Lloydy wrote:
Any good shrink will tell you that 99.9% of the pleasure comes from the search, the chase and the acquisition.

I don't know how many times I've stalked, waited, sniped and won; then, when it's arrived, unwrapped it, fondled it, tried it out for a bit (or not) and lost interest because something else has turned up on the screen.
I do eventually get them out again and give them a proper workout, but there are lenses in my drawer I bought two and three years ago I've not used yet.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!! Like Christmas and a birthday all rolled into one.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
... but there are lenses in my drawer I bought two and three years ago I've not used yet.

Uh oh, bad sign.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: LBA again!!!! Reply with quote

Big Dawg wrote:
Then I went on a CBA binge and bought around 70 cameras or so mostly funded from my lens sales.

This is something I do not relate to.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sells lens.?? who sells lenses? Razz

I have a briefcase for when the war break outs Very Happy

Oogled, bought, stored for save keeping and when i feel like being romantic. (nothing truly exotic honestly, but they are my babies none the less! Razz)

Just quickly, (I feel if i share my madness maybe it will cure some of my conditions) from Left to right,

1st Row, (Pentax) M 50mm f2, M 35mm f2.8 M 28mm f2.8
2nd Row (Pentax) Takumer Super Multi 35mm f3.5. K 55mm f1.8 M 50mm f2
3rd Row (Germany) Pentacon (late model) 50mm f1.8, Pentacon (stripy model) 50mm f1.8, Steinheil Munchen Culmigon 35mm f4.5, Enna Werk Munchen, Super-Lithagon 35mm f2.5 (personal favourite, fungus and all)
4th Row (Germany) Schneider-Kreuznach, Tele-Xenar (preset) 135mm f3.5, ISCO-Gottingen Iscotar 50mm f2.8 (tessar clone) Ziess 50mm f2 Tessar (60's) (close 2nd behind the Enna :p) Ziess 50mm f2 (Later large Alu)
5th Row (Russian) Jupiter 9, (late 80's), Industar 50-2, Helios 44m-4, Mir 1v, (80's)

And what do I Leave on my camera... a freeking Pentax m 50mm f1.7 Embarassed

But yes, when the war comes, I have a range of lenses (and film bodied cameras) to share with my comrades Razz

Sigh.

I'm really just waiting for my own house so these can all be attached to their bodies and on display! Sad

These shouldn't go unnamed either Sad Introducing the Germans (with a special guest appearance of a Spoti + 55m f1.8 and a Kodac Browny. They are on holidays.....) Praktica FX2, Praktica IV, Praktica Super TL x 2 and Praktica LTL. The Pentax's live in another case, and the Russians elsewhere as well. Actually.. I wonder... I could make a scale earth in my room and see if I could move them in ratio to there relative positions Very Happy

I just want a cabinet.

What were we talking about?

Oh yeah. You guys are all sick!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife looks at a 6-pack of beer and see's a 6-pack of beer. I look at a 6-pack of beer and see group therapy!!! Same thing I see when someone here posts photos of their collections. Just glad to know there are more crazies like me out there using the same group therapy.

Some advice I've received here....Don't store your lenses in a dark place but rather store them on their side in a sunlit area without the caps. Helps to keep the fungus away!! clear plastic bags help keep the dust off of them.

I had plans for a grand display case before I sold off all my lens. Since selling them I've discovered that less is more. Fewer lens and better quality lens have helped me improve my photo IQ. This too is advice I received here form my friends on this forum.

I have 2 50 1.7 lenses ...a Pentax M 50 1.7 and a Pentax F 50 1.7. two of the sharpest lenses I own. The F is sharper and thus stays on my K7 all the time. I only remove it when I need a different focal length but it returns there each time. Very sharp with good bokeh and great color. The auto focus really helps with action shots of my grandkids & great-grandkids.