Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New additions to the collection.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: New additions to the collection. Reply with quote

All except the Bessamatic for less than $10.00 US each. The Bessamatic in EX+ condition with everything working cost $56.00 US. From what I see of others bidding on this camera in other auctions, it was a very good bargain. All have their little problems but all the shutters now work. the Bewi meter on the Vito BL is non responsive and the Gossen meter of the Iloca IIL doesn't work all the time but other than some cosmetic issues with one or two they are all shooters now. All praise for Ronson lighter fluid. Works wonders on sticky shutters!!! Laughing Laughing

Last edited by Big Dawg on Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:21 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WoW a lot of elbow grease used there. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen brother. For those that may get a Voigtlander and need to clean it the painted emblem on the rewind knob Sometimes on the film advance lever) of the sun, the light bulb and the checkered black and white, will rub off if you use alcohol or lighter fluid on it. You must only use mild soap and water sparingly. Most everything else is cleaned with rubbing alcohol. Works really well on tobacco smoke residue.
And I really wish folks did not use shoe polish on their camera's leather trim. not nice to clean up!!! Laughing

Someone had already wiped out the black and white checker board before I got it. Other than a little paint loss around the viewfinder it is in excellent condition.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"And I really wish folks did not use shoe polish on their camera's leather trim. not nice to clean up!!!"

Guilty !

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
"And I really wish folks did not use shoe polish on their camera's leather trim. not nice to clean up!!!"

Guilty !

Try mink oil instead. Doesn't add color but it protects and seals the leather as well as conditioning it. Like Brylcream...a little dab will do ya!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dawg wrote:
Try mink oil

I think someone used skunk oil on my Zenit E! Smile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Big Dawg wrote:
Try mink oil

Some of the older ones have an odor from the type of glue used to attach the leather.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very nice batch of German hardware. Congrats!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dof wrote:
A very nice batch of German hardware. Congrats!

Thank you for looking in at them.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice collection of cameras.

peterqd wrote:
Big Dawg wrote:
Try mink oil

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'm one of those odd types that likes the smell of Russian camera leather cases.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:

peterqd wrote:
Big Dawg wrote:
Try mink oil

I'm one of those odd types that likes the smell of Russian camera leather cases.

Everyone is different I guess!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

That's what makes this forum great. I like beer in my cheerios so there!! Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:

peterqd wrote:
Big Dawg wrote:
Try mink oil

I used to work in a camera shop between 1977 and 1981 and one of the guys kept a disc of leather fropm a Zenit camera and kept sniffing it when he thought no one was looking. You could hear him in the back office giving looong slooow snifs.

Why was there a loose disc of leather in new Zenit(h) cases?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A superb addition to you collection! Really nice cameras, and so cheap ! If you don`t mind me asking, but how many cameras do you own right now?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:

I used to work in a camera shop between 1977 and 1981 and one of the guys kept a disc of leather fropm a Zenit camera and kept sniffing it when he thought no one was looking. You could hear him in the back office giving looong slooow snifs.

He must have liked the smell of piss. Smile

Quote:

Why was there a loose disc of leather in new Zenit(h) cases?

Fetishists?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice set of oldies. I hope you will use them with pleasure.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drack wrote:
A superb addition to you collection! Really nice cameras, and so cheap ! If you don`t mind me asking, but how many cameras do you own right now?

I did own 65 cameras. I'm back down to 12.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dawg wrote:
I did own 65 cameras. I'm back down to 12

Still a lot of space left in the drawers!? Laughing Laughing