Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Poppies
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Poppies Reply with quote

Lubitel 2, Fuji Pro 160 NS

Best wishes, Kris.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta say I am not very fond of this time of the day. Everything is too bright. The background is not very interesting, if at all, either. Still you managed to get a nicely focused pictured with good detail.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But rightly because of the absence of visible shadows, the image looks painting-like, which I think is appropriate and very effective!

Only thing: I would have removed, or bent, those two vertical blades of grass, which do hurt the composition.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great one, poppies pop!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marvelous!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your poppies ,Kris !
Of course Orio is right about the grass . Excellent results from the Lubitel 2 ,I am really envious of you that you still have a good lab to process the film . Great amazing colors and splendid sharpness ! Perfect exposure too.(what meter did you used?) I think you gave me an itch Laughing that I have to cure ! Is it cheap to process a roll of MF ?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps this one is better?

My lab charges about the same for a 120 roll as for a 135mm roll, so per image that is about three times more expensive. Sad I just have to be more circumspect when shooting!

I've forgotten the make of my meter. I'll go find it in a bit and let you know. Plenty of good meters around though.

K.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's very good. I like it better than the 1st because of the "cleaner" horizon.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sichko wrote:
It's very good. I like it better than the 1st because of the "cleaner" horizon.

+ 1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In your face colours - Love it!

This would probably work in B&W too with a mild red filter effect.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer the first one and for me, this time of day is fine, as Orio says, it has a painterly look. I also don't mine the grass, it doesn't detract for me. Excellent work Kris.

I wish my Lubitel 166U had a lens like this Lubitel 2 of yours does, mine was only sharp in the centre with really bad edges.