Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vega 12B Flower Portraits with added sunshine
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Vega 12B Flower Portraits with added sunshine Reply with quote

Well for the first time in what seems like the last decade i have a day of work and the sun is shinning.
So decided to dust of some old lenses and the old A700, And i have to say that using the EVF on the A55 is a joy for manual lenses, I kept going for the zoom button on the A700 when looking through the VF,
So out of the drawer came the battered and tired looking Vega 12b, and what can i say i think its a very good lens and for some reason seem to focus closer than the mark, rather than 0'6m its something like 0'3.
Sorry for the subject, but dont have many models that want to pose for me.
Most shot at F5.6 this lens sweet spot, some at F2.8
Processing
Auto adjust in Aperture, Sharpen, and reduce 50%

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really enjoyable series

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ain't this a medium format lens? Have you tried some tilt-shift sweetness? Nice samples by the way. Great detail.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooner or later I'll have to get one of these Vegas, I always loved the way they render.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChromaticAberration wrote:
Ain't this a medium format lens? Have you tried some tilt-shift sweetness? Nice samples by the way. Great detail.

Yes this is a medium Format Lens, Pentacon 6, I use it with a Pentacon 6 to M42 adaptor, I should try to do some tilt shift with it i will make a home made adaptor at some point
Orio, I would get one as they are still cheap but prices are going up

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful pictures!!! Very well done!

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the colours!
Eddie, what do you mean by " added sunshine"? Like in PP? Because it seems natural to me.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By added sunshine i refer to the terrible weather we have in the UK, we have had no summer at all just constant grey and rain since around End of August, i can count the sunny days on one hand, and the days i am off are normally torrential days.
Lol Very Happy

Last edited by eddieitman on Wed May 23, 2012 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, that's a lovely colourfull serie Shocked ....