Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Biotar 75mm f1.5 pre-war Carl Zeiss Jena
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Biotar 75mm f1.5 pre-war Carl Zeiss Jena Reply with quote

All at F2 with SONY NEX-3.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lens has a definite character doesnt it? not easy to get such a fast portrait zeiss. very nice.
tony

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
the lens has a definite character doesnt it? not easy to get such a fast portrait zeiss. very nice.
tony

Very few did survive ww2 , I love it. I am very grateful to member Exaklaus who kindly let me to have it this lens years before.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series, shows lens character nicely. The swirl is quite restrained so isn't distracting, it also have that sharp but smooth rendering I really like from old German glass, quite different from the modern Zeiss high microcontrast look.

If I had one of these and a 2/85 Sonnar I'd be very happy indeed. There may be technically better lenses in the 70-90mm range, some apo-summi-lanthar-luxicron-asph with four figure prices but for me, character of the rendering is what counts and for me, this Biotar and the early Jupiter-9 you showed the other day are right at the top of the tree in the character stakes and pretty stunning performers too.

Shame this Biotar 75 is so rare, I'm just glad to have a Biotar 58m but one day if a 75 comes along, I pray I have the funds to have it at the time...

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am jealous of you for having this lens!! This is one that I will never own because of the crazy prices. I see plenty for sale, but always too expensive Sad

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sirrith wrote:
I am jealous of you for having this lens!! This is one that I will never own because of the crazy prices. I see plenty for sale, but always too expensive Sad

those are post wars, I doubt you see pre-war lenses plenty on sale. May happen once a year on Ebay from all over the world.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Sirrith wrote:

those are post wars, I doubt you see pre-war lenses plenty on sale. May happen once a year on Ebay from all over the world.

Yes, I meant the biotar 75 in general, I'm not very knowledgeable about Zeiss, so I don't really know the difference between pre- and post-war!

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sirrith wrote:
Attila wrote:
Sirrith wrote:

Yes, I meant the biotar 75 in general, I'm not very knowledgeable about Zeiss, so I don't really know the difference between pre- and post-war!

I thought this is reason why I told you, all are good lens. Post war lenses are super sharp at every aperture even at wide open with excellent contrast.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning lens Surprised

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klaus just had one pre-war Biotar for sale in an unknown mount Click here to see on Ebay.de

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fermy wrote:
Klaus just had one pre-war Biotar for sale in an unknown mount Click here to see on Ebay.de

Unusual indeed , some hybrid I think. May made from a cine lens.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it me or does the bokeh seems to be like a circle shape behind the person ?

(63 bids on ebay Shocked )

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hexaddict wrote:
is it me or does the bokeh seems to be like a circle shape behind the person ?

(63 bids on ebay Shocked )

to me circle shape too, this Biotar is once a life opportunity, no wonder 63 bid, merchants race for it and may we will see it on 3x price than final price here.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful swirly portraits !

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are getting a lot of posing time lately Attila - must be because the results are so good! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
You are getting a lot of posing time lately Attila - must be because the results are so good! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

patrickh

Laughing

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are some striking results !

Love the swirl and the fact that it leads towards the center of the image.

bay the way, who is that serious statue sitting next to your wife ? Cool

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoltán Kodály
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zolt%C3%A1n_Kod%C3%A1ly