Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax K f2.8/30mm in Osaka and Kyoto
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Pentax K f2.8/30mm in Osaka and Kyoto Reply with quote

Some recent photos taken with a Pentax K f2.8/30mm on NEX5N

in a traditional market area in downtown Osaka

2 window of a Sake bar

3 entrance to a Sake bar

5 in Chushojima, near Kyoto

6 public bath ( Sentō ) in Chushojima

7 Manpuku-ji temple ( famous Rinzai Zen temple ) near Uji

8 in the garden of Ryōan-ji temple, Kyoto

9 in the garden of Ryōan-ji temple, Kyoto

10 entrance to subway, Osaka

11 in a subway station in Kyoto

12 in a JR train

the set with all the photos taken during this last months around this area: ( various Pen-F lenses, Pentax K f2.8/24mm, Takumar f2/58mm, Takumar 1.4/50mm are other lenses used for photos in this set ) http://www.flickr.com/photos/kuuan/sets/72157629799958077/show/

best greetings,
Andreas

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well done set of photographs, Andreas !
You take me in an other world there ...

I picked the snack bar shot and the JR train photo as my faves ...

Cheers
Tobisas

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well done, nice collection of pics!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To repeat myself, the nex camera series is a wonderful complement to almost all old MF lenses. I have seen very few cases where the best in a given lens was not brought out. Here is another example from Andreas of a marvelous old lens acquitting itself well and showing what the taker wants.

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really nice series. i'm not a sony mirrorless fan, but i have to say i'm liking the 5n results more and more.
tony

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, bringing Japan in my room!

Tomas

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I myself hesitated between Olympus and a Nex but i thought that,by using MF lenses, it would give me more opportunies in low light condition with the integrated stabilization. But i'm wondering if i did the best choice when looking at all the beautiful NEX galleries and photo set with this camera.

PS:I also wanted a konica lenses compatible camera Smile

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The garden shots really stand out in this set

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tobbsman wrote:
Very well done set of photographs, Andreas !
You take me in an other world there ...

I picked the snack bar shot and the JR train photo as my faves ...

Cheers
Tobisas

thank you very much Tobias!

the JR train pic..it has been quite a while since I have dared to take a candid like this, but I found her pensive expressions irresistible. Had to take it blindly though, prefocusing and putting the camera turned sideways on my knees.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
well done, nice collection of pics!

thank you very much Poilu, I am very glad you like them and that you commented

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
To repeat myself, the nex camera series is a wonderful complement to almost all old MF lenses. I have seen very few cases where the best in a given lens was not brought out. Here is another example from Andreas of a marvelous old lens acquitting itself well and showing what the taker wants.

patrickh

the qualities of the Sensor and the qualities of the lens combine quite well here, I feel so too!
thank you Patrick!

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomasg wrote:
Very nice, bringing Japan in my room!

Tomas

thank you Thomas, I am glad.

mmelvis wrote:
The garden shots really stand out in this set

thank you mmelvis, the garden is so very beautiful

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
really nice series. i'm not a sony mirrorless fan, but i have to say i'm liking the 5n results more and more.
tony

Hexaddict wrote:
I myself hesitated between Olympus and a Nex but i thought that,by using MF lenses, it would give me more opportunies in low light condition with the integrated stabilization. But i'm wondering if i did the best choice when looking at all the beautiful NEX galleries and photo set with this camera.

PS:I also wanted a konica lenses compatible camera Smile

my personal take about the NEX vs. Olympus:
The OM-D certainly raised the bar of IQ of m4/3rds and I believe that concerning IQ there is nothing between the OM-D and the NEX5N. The NEX7 does have the resolution advantage though.

( Because I have been using Pentax dSLR before and there had been an umber of Takumar / Pentax fans watching my flickr stream some have been commenting that they prefer the Pentax colors. Even though I like Pentax colors I must say that I like the NEX colors too, that I don't see much difference, really. I prefer how the high ISO noise looks on Pentax cameras though, but the sensor of my NEX5N is superior at high ISO to that of my K-x. So for my taste the K-5 has a slight edge. Mind that mostly I even use jpeg only, all the pics shown here were taken as jpegs. Still I usually I prefer the colors of my photos, as compared when using other lenses, when I use my Pentax lenses Wink )

Before getting the NEX I worried about the lack of integrated stabilization, something that I grew to like a lot of my Pentax dSLR. To my big surprise I found that I can hold my NEX more stable than I can hold my dSLR though. Nevertheless this certainly is a real advantage of the OM!

I personally would choose a m4/3 anytime over a NEX if I was using modern AF lenses. I would not miss the more shallow dof of the APS-C sensor of the NEX resp. there won't be any because for the OM there are not only better, but also faster lenses available.

Possibly that in the future, for my travel and street photography, I will decide that AF is better, and that case I shall get a m4/3rds. That touching on the LCD where one wants the camera to focus also releases certainly is a great feature for street photography! ( and wonder if NEX will implement it in new cameras or even for existing with only a firmware upgrade )

However I love using my manual lenses and I rather use wide angles, or in other words the lesser crop factor of the NEX is of advantage. And I love, really love, I say it so often, that the EVF tilts!

Tony 'in theory' I feel much more sympathetic towards Olympus than Sony. Nevertheless the NEX5N + EVF is the camera of my choice and I am very happy with it Smile

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:
...And I love, really love, I say it so often, that the EVF tilts!

Yes me too.
Not only the EVF, the lenses too Wink with a tilt adapter.
Larger sensor does matter. and I like touch screen for quick access to manual focus zoom-in/aid area.

Very nice set! Just love them.

The pentax K30/2.8 is one of my best lenses.
In your other set of the geishas, the 40/1.4 seems soft, or maybe montion blur.
I also like the voigtlander 40/1.4 more and more. The index finger focus mechanism on this lens is really good when I get used to it.