Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

600$?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: 600$? Reply with quote

for olympus om 28mm/3.5? this is silly...i mean ok , if the lens is rare, price is supposed to be high, but this...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OLYMPUS-OM-G-ZUIKO-AUTO-W-1-3-5-f-28mm-WIDE-ANGLE-LENS-MINTY-/380464579648?pt=AU_Lenses&hash=item589574c440#shId

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you really take any seller seriously who refers to an aperture as a shutter?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliott wrote:
Can you really take any seller seriously who refers to an aperture as a shutter?

+1 antique seller he got wrong tip about price ...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEH has it in EX+ with caps for $53.00 and LN- (= Minty?) for $76.00 with hood caps and case.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably 75% of all buy it now prices on vintage lenses are the result of drug use. Laughing
Who knows what these people are smoking. I swear if I see another $300 4.5/35mm Lithagon listed as "rare"...

This one takes the cake though: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Exacta-Mount-Meyer-Gorlitz-Domiplan-50mm-f-2-8-lens-/271035944402?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item3f1b004dd2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, if it's old camera kit, it must be valuable, right? Any fool knows that Smile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
Hey, if it's old camera kit, it must be valuable, right? Any fool knows that Smile

You see that at flea markets too. I saw a K1000 with an off-brand 28mm, the camera looked like it had been drug on the ground by some kid, there was really bad scoring on the bottom plate and a little on the lens body, it didn't work at all and it smelled like mold. I wanted the K1000 for parts and maybe play with the 28mm if it was still serviceable, so I offered $5 and was willing to go to $10, he was insulted and said a collector's item like this should get at least $50. He even claimed Wolf Camera offered him $35, so I said take it to them before they change their mind. I wanted to tell him that to be a collector's item it would either need to be in good condition or be rare enough that condition isn't as big of a factor and a K1000 is by no means rare, but I decided it was not worth my time.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have told him there were 20 or 30 on ebay right now for less than $10. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mos6502 wrote:
I would have told him there were 20 or 30 on ebay right now for less than $10. Very Happy

Along with just as many at astronomical prices. I usually find that they aren't worth dealing with if they think they have gold, I spend my money on something better and he leaves with a broken camera, everybody wins. I didn't need it, I have 2 other perfectly functional K1000s, I just wanted to have it around for parts.

Though, as tough as a K1000 is, he might have a rare one, that is the only truly broken K1000 I've ever come across.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K1000s do break, seen many of them in broken state, they were the cameras the art college I went to used for the photography courses and the students broke them fairly often. But they are touch beasts though, that was why the college had them, and Spotmatics before them.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up an older version with the shiny rings at the front in excellent condition for £15 from my local CashConverters. Very happy!
here it is on front of my Nikon. Converted by myself with infinity focus (and reversable)

also pictured is my 35mm f2.8 conversion. More complicated so its a permanent conversion.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a way, it makes sense. The risk with including a "buy it now" with an auction is that you might not set the price high enough. I had someone jump on a lens 20 minutes after I listed it once, because even though the "buy it now" was much more than the opening bid (which was what I had paid originally) I still managed to underestimate demand. Particularly if you don't know what the demand for an item is, you don't want someone to buy it for what you think it might sell for, because you could be wrong. You want them to make an offer for the maximum that they think it's worth. If you set your value absurdly high, all of the offers you get are going to be much lower, but you will surely get the highest possible price.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theart wrote:
In a way, it makes sense.

maybe for a rare lens, not for the most common zuiko wide angle there is (28mm/3.5 and 50mm/1.8 are most common zuiko lenses around, you'l find them in many listings together with OM cameras)

theart wrote:
If you set your value absurdly high, all of the offers you get are going to be much lower, but you will surely get the highest possible price.

in this case, i doubt it will get any offers, with a lot of the same lenses around that are much cheaper priced