Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

om-1n arrived from KEH and it is a jewel
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: om-1n arrived from KEH and it is a jewel Reply with quote

listed as EX (meter inoperable) for $69. it is EX+ if you ask me. battery compartment is clean-as-new. i reckon it only needs a battery. loaded a roll on bw400cn for testing. zuiko 50/1.8 is aboard.
yee-haw! Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, if KEH says the meter is inop, it probably is.

I got to use an OM1 back in the 70s for a bit, in my photography class, and you're right, it is a jewel. I think the silver ones are more jewel like than the black, the OM2s isn't nearly as. But when I take the 2s into NYC I get comments.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, if it turns out to be unfixable, then sunny 16 will have to do.
i remain enthralled. and i do intend to send of my $30 om-1 for cla, seals, etc. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look forward your shoots Paul!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OM-1 is the kind of camera that gets under your skin. I'd never part with mine (the current one I've had for 20 years, its predecessor for a decade). Mine is now needing a CLA, with sticky and blotched mirror, so I might get around to that some day. I've found that if it's taken out and given a bit of exercise the sticky mirror sorts itself out within a couple of shots anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have pretty much fallen in love with mine ... Cool