Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fuji mirroless camera leaked
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Fuji mirroless camera leaked Reply with quote

http://photorumors.com/2011/11/15/fuji-mirrorless-camera-leaked/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting! I could not help but notice in the third picture that the lens seems to have a true diaphragm ring... With f/1.4 on it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shutter control too, with real speeds too.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the mount ring seems rather small ,don't know if there's place for further FF

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yinyangbt wrote:
the mount ring seems rather small ,don't know if there's place for further FF

Assuming the hotshoe mount is a standard one, the mount ring appears to be something like 42 or 45 mm (distortion and flash reflections in the picture makes it just a rough guess), a little smaller than Leica M (50mm).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resurrecting a bit of a stale thread here -- just noticed it.

This is an appealing camera, just from a looks standpoint. Because it looks like a camera. Almost Leica-esque. APS-C. If it does as good of a job as the X100, but with interchangeable lenses, it's sure to be a hit, and may even surpass Sony's NEX in popularity? Very tempting. But I'm still hoping that somebody comes out with a FF mirrorless camera. Guess it won't be Fuji.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there a real viewfinder ?

will it be silencious ?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New details and images: http://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/first-image-of-the-fuji-x-pro/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pictures and details in french

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful beautiful looking cam. and like michael i think IQ will even surpass nex7. but really, for those of us on this forum, who use legacy lenses, investing in yet another EVIL proprietary lens system for marginally better IQ and still without ability to use legacy lenses without FL character destroying crop factor is a non starter for me. i hate to say this given my incredible attachment to my x100, and so new found devotion to fuji, but its true. i'm afraid for me its FF EVIL or bust! Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
beautiful beautiful looking cam. and like michael i think IQ will even surpass nex7. but really, for those of us on this forum, who use legacy lenses, investing in yet another EVIL proprietary lens system for marginally better IQ and still without ability to use legacy lenses without FL character destroying crop factor is a non starter for me. i hate to say this given my incredible attachment to my x100, and so new found devotion to fuji, but its true. i'm afraid for me its FF EVIL or bust! Very Happy

I guess we all have to wait and see. The article claims that Fuji

• took inspiration from "classica film ?" (films argentiques) to build the new sensor (X-Trans) which uses randomly-placed 6-pixel colour-filter (instead of the usual 4 in Bayer filter)
  • the camera has no AA filter (thank to the new colour filter)
  • claimed that the resolution (effective or just mega-pixels?) matchs and mights surpass current FF sensors's
  • the register distance is 17.7mm but the back of a lens can be as closed as 7.5mm from the sensor!!!
  • the optical viewfinder (which is a hybrid) will change the field of view depending on the mounted lens.
  • use an exnternal AF module!!! (what the hell does this mean? does it mean PDAF? will it work with MF lenses?) hmmmm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound almost too good to be true! Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:

Precisely the way I feel, but to be truthful, I also feel myself slipping toward the gravity well of APS-C. Dang it. Tell ya what though -- how much you wanna bet that that Fuji will likely have a street price close to, say, the EOS 7D? I'm thinking that because the fixed lens X100 sells for over $1,000US. That's a nice looking hunk of Fujinon glass hanging off the front of that camera, too. So if Fuji will offer lenses that are suitably wide -- like at least the equivalent of a 24mm -- then I will become very tempted. That 18mm f/2 sounds interesting, but it isn't wide enough for my tastes. I really like Fujinon glass, so if/when they come out with something in the 10-11mm range, I will definitely feel myself slipping as the intensity of the gravity well increases.

Last edited by cooltouch on Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:10 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Sound almost too good to be true! Shocked

there is a price for that Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More info here:
https://wellsfargoadvisors.mworld.com/m/m.w?lp=GetStory&id=587442481

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stingOM wrote:
More info here:

Are you sure? I get a "This story is no longer available" message from that link. It's also a secure page (https), so maybe you have to be logged in to an account to see it?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great news!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
stingOM wrote:
More info here:

Are you sure? I get a "This story is no longer available" message from that link. It's also a secure page (https), so maybe you have to be logged in to an account to see it?

Hi Michael,

Not sure what happened there. Seems to be gone!

Another source: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1012&message=40237985&changemode=1

“Translation of the French article's main points:
• Deliveries will start in March
• Camera kit includes 35mm lens and will be priced around € 1,300
• Other lenses will be priced around € 600
• Camera features APS-C sized sensor (crop factor 1.5)
• Sensor will feature a color filter pattern w/ 6 filter sites per pixel instead of the usual 4 of a normal Bayer pattern; no AA filter required -> higher native sensor resolution
• 60mm lens has macro capabilities
• "X-Mount" bayonet system features 17.7mm flange-to-sensor distance, and features a minimum distance from back lens to sensor of 7.5mm
• Hybrid VF w/ zoom function
• VF features parallax compensation”

More:
http://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/samsung-nx20-and-fuji-x-pro-1-or-lx10-to-be-unveieled-on-monday/

Fujifilm Introduces First Compact System Camera
Greg Tarr

Released : Tuesday, January 10, 2012 12:01 AM

The new models include the X-Pro1, X-S1 (shipping this month at an expected $800 suggested retail) and a new F series model in the F750EXR (shipping in March at an expected $350).

The highlight of the offerings is the Fujifilm X-Pro1, which is a highly featured compact system camera. Fuji-filim said it will build on the success of the X100 model, by adding a camera that features a custom-developed 16-megapixel APS-CMOS sensor incorporating a new filter array and the company's proprietary EXR processor technology.
The camera also includes a second-generation hybrid view-finder and takes three prime interchangeable Fuji-non lenses, all with fast apertures.

The lenses include: the 18mm (27mm equivalent) f/2.0, 35mm (53mm equivalent) f/1.4 and 60mm (90mm equivalent) f/2.4.
Meanwhile, having the look and feel of a traditional d-SLR, the X-S1, features a large 2/3-inch 12-megapixel EXR CMOS sensor and a newly-developed, bright all glass and high-definition Fujinon F2.8 wide-angle to F5.6 telephoto lens with an ultra-smooth 26x manual zoom (24-624mm equivalent).
The Fujinon lens includes 17 glass lens elements in 12 groups, and has smooth zoom control.
An intelligent digital zoom is said to effectively double the telephoto capabilities for up to a 52x total zoom effect, and a Super Macro Mode that captures images as close as 1cm.

The EXR processor enables extremely fast auto-focus while minimizing shutter lag. It supports highspeed continuous shooting of approximately 7 fps at full resolution.

The camera's EVF offers 1.4 million dots of resolution and uses two glass lenses and one non-spherical lens to capture realistic lighting, to complement the 3-inch titling LCD that includes a Monitor Sunlight mode for viewing in bright sunlight.

The body design includes a rubberized grain texture coating for superior grip, and a hot-shoe mount to add additional accessories.
It will record video at up to FullHD 1080p resolution.

Meanwhile, the new FinePix F750EXR offers a sleek compact body design with intuitive user controls, a 0.5-inch 16-megapixel EXR-CMOS sensor with strong low-light shooting capability, and a 20x super wide-angle lens (25-500mm equivalent) with an Intelligent Digital Zoom, which effectively doubles the range to 40x.

The F750EXF also features a 3-inch clear, high contrast 460,000-dot LCD with Monitor Sunlight mode, high-speed shooting at up to 8 fps at full resolution (11 fps max speed at medium resolution), and FullHD movie capture at 1080p (30 fps) with stereo sound.

2012 International Press Telecommunications Council

Provider:
International Press Telecommunications Council

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quick visual of the camera
http://thenewcamera.com/?p=7497

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A helluva camera, and right around a price point that I was expecting, given the going prices on the X100 and all.

So the question is -- which will people line up to buy, the 16mp Fuji X-Pro1 at a price around $1660US or the 24mp Sony NEX-7 at around $1350US? Should be interesting. (I'm getting the $1660 figure by converting euros to USD at today's exchange rate and the $1350 figure from B&H Photo's website, which is for the NEX-7 with 18-55 zoom -- the price for the Sony 30mm macro is the same)

If Fuji's new sensor is as hot as they claim, it might just could make all the difference.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's very expensive indeed, probably Fuji just priced themselves out of becoming a leader in the market, especially ith the prices Samsung are charging for the NX series.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as good as samsung is--and it is very good--its present offerings are not in same league as nex7 or potentially the new fuji. samsung competition is nex3 etc, panny g's and present olly ep's, all a notch or two below these new groundbreaking cams. when you compare these newbies price wise to the ridiculously priced M8's and epson rd's, and even the canon 5dmkii, price vs quality seems to me to be a good bargain.

as with nex7 though, i hope there's an option to buy fuji body only.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I don't know, the NX200 looks like a competitor to the NEX-7 to me. I just read a review of the Sony A65 which uses the same sensor and processor as the NEX-7 and it has more noise than any of the other NEX's. 24mp might just be a bit too much to squeeze onto an APS-C sensor, the NX200's 20mp sensor looks to be a rather good one. I haven't seen anything from the X100 that leads me to think Fuji's sensor is any better than the competition. If the NX200 offers similar IQ to the Fuji and Sony offerings at a lower price then it is a competitor imho.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats true ian, i forgot the nx200 specs.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all based on specs and reviews atm, I prefer to wait until the NEX-7, NX200 and other new releases have been around for a while and there is a body of work done with them before really judging. My NEX-3 is a bit broken since the wind blew over my tripod while the camera was on it, the case is split and it keeps starting to record a movie all by itself so I will need to replace it sometime in the next few months, I paid 189ukp for it with 16mm kit lens, it was new, it's the red one so was heavily discounted as they struggled to sell the red ones. I don't like the colour but I can live with it considering the cheap price, not sure what my upgrade from the NEX-3 will be, the NEX-7 doesn't really appeal, it's expensive, I don't need the EVF and 24mp is a lot on an APS-C sensor, I've yet to be convinced it's the cam I want.