Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Schneider-Kreuznachs and Velvia 50 go out for a stroll
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Schneider-Kreuznachs and Velvia 50 go out for a stroll Reply with quote

Last sunday I took out my old Chinon CX (the first camera I ever used LOL Laughing), 3 Schneider m42 lenses (Curtagon 28/4, Xenon 50/1.9 and Tele-Xenar 135/3.5), a polarizer, a roll of Velvia 50 and went out into the countryside.

I got the slides developed today and I'll post the nicest ones as soon as I'll scan them. Here are the first three:

Last edited by A G Photography on Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like first two pretty much, last one is too confused to me.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I like first two pretty much, last one is too confused to me.

I mainly agree with you, it's the Xenon full open at 1.9 in a pretty difficult light situation. Though looking at the colors of the bokeh...

Anyway another one. I must admit I forgot what colors were until I started to shot film again. I'd make a bet with anyone to get this colors table out from a digital sensor with whatever plugin you try. I couldn't for sure...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely no affordable digital camera could reach Velvia colors. I don't know perhaps most expensive can do. I don't interesting much about digital cameras after I get taste of Velvia 50. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rest tomorrow, need to sleep now Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah , this is green too Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some really nice stuff here!
You have me turned on to looking for SK and Stenheil RF lenses Embarassed Rolling Eyes
It never ends Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very, very nice colors and bokeh. Congrats. Red flowers is my fav.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Hah , this is green too Shocked

Impressive, isn'it?

And the funny side of the thing is that if they were digital files I'm sure many people (me included too probably) would have said "hey, you played too much with that saturation slide."

We're accostumed to get dull, unsatured RAW from our digital cameras and while PS can do wonders, the results seem sometimes a bit unnatural because what it lacks is the "personality" of the film, alas the relationships between the different colors. So in Velvia 50 we have that blue and that green, in digital most of the times you can't have the same blue and green TOGETHER, unless you resort to use levels, masks, curves calibrated in each RGB channel, etc.

Btw, also Velvia 50 has a strong magenta cast in underexposed shots. but they need to be at least more tha 1 stop underexposed.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice series Alessandro! naturally saturated with rich colors

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last ones from that roll (I ordered a new PC because scanning film is much resource hungry than digital...)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow ... like a lot of these shot. Colors are beautiful and very natural.

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really impressive, Alessandro!!

I like the film shots...! Especially last 6 pictures! There is something different on them in comparison to digital...

thanks for sharing

tf

p.s. keep the film alive...Smile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, Alessandro! There is something inexplicable, or rather it probably isn`t inexplicable, but I can`t quite explain it: film images such as these, have a quality one NEVER finds with digital images; they are much more calming to look at, the three dimensionality offers a sense of rest. And the really funny thing is that it comes through on a computer screen.
Best regards
Hans Christian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, these images are so wonderful in their color. Not "sterile" at all, just rich down-to-earth natural
color! I especially LOVE the bokeh and the way the "bokeh circles" are very clean and soft. GREAT work!

This one. Wow! The out-of-focus background elements fade away in SUCH a calm and gradual manner, and
it really enhances the image. Whatever lens this was, it's surely a beauty in performance.