Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

$380 for a Tak 50/1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: $380 for a Tak 50/1.4 Reply with quote

Yes its possible : Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bid activity (%) with this seller: 60%

Old trick, push price much as you can with self bidding , taken from another amount and next time you able to sell for 50% of high price.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: $380 for a Tak 50/1.4 Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:
Yes its possible : Click here to see on Ebay

But at least it came with a very nice hood and a (rare?) Asahi polarizing filter Wink

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would never pay that much for a Tak 50/1.4, I think it's a over rated lens.

The Rokkor-PG 50/1.4 is slightly better (I had both) and costs less than $100

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just ridiculous!

It's a really good lens. >> http://forum.mflenses.com/takumar-1-4-50-nex-3-t43853.html
But you should pay about €70,- for it, not more...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its weird. I've only really been into photography for about 4 years now and in that time have seen the value of lenses move at times to 400% of what they were. I think as cameras come on the market that can make use of these lenses, it creates a new level of supply/demand. I also think that many of us, especially in the 'west' have been used to being the big fish in the pond when it came to buying luxury items until now, but as places like China boom, millions of new consumers are coming on-line flush with cash. Its a bit disheartening to think that what's crazy for us might be affordable to someone else. I think also that this new rush for vintage glass causes dealers to invest more heavily in inventory. All these things create a frenzy for these old lenses.

Net result, I think the prices on many items are somewhat inflated right now (especially on this particular lens) but will settle to the new level of demand as supply prevails (surely there are thousands of Super Taks, yet sitting in closets everywhere). However, I don't think they will ever return to what we saw even just a few years ago.

K.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not make sense for me. that's to expensive. Shocked
better buy faster lens, like rokkor/nikkor 50/1.2 Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At that price range, better get a Contax 50/1.4.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I sold one of these two years ago for $50

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We may be looking at a bogus sale as Attila pointed out but the lens looks mint, impeccable actually, and the original hood/box/caps will be very valued by takumar-evangelists.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of the hood and box, still over the top price paid considering one can be had for $80 with a Spotmatic included.
Damn, might have to sell mine as the very rare yellow glass version and see what I get.