Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Postcards from Rovinj (Croatia)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:46 am    Post subject: Postcards from Rovinj (Croatia) Reply with quote

These are pictures from Rovinj, we went there yesterday since the forecast for today was bad. Thses are as per tittle a bit too postcard type of pictures, much more that what i would like to, but these weekend trips are more that anything else occasions to stay altogheter. I don t want them to turn into egoistic photo trips Smile The place itself is fantastic, so photogenic, the narrow streets, the stone pavements, the details, the people. One could spent a month here and it wouldn t run out of subjects. This was a three hours walk around the town, the pics are in chronical order as we walked thru it. C&C plese and don t use any velvet glove Smile

we just parked the car and this...

down to the centre and the harbour, i just love thses pavements...

the harbour, first side...

a must pic of the fountain on the main square...

it really is a colourful place...

the republic of Venice ruled here for centurys, this was it s symbol: lion with wings and a book

more harbour...

up we go to the main church on a hill

this is for our Italian members, inspector Montalbano lives here Smile

another mandatory pic...the church s bell tower...

down again to the main square, i really like this streets...

it s nice to drink coffe and take pictures at the same time...

this is the harbour from the other side, i know a lot of them are similar, i just took them as we walked by the harbour...

back to the car...

The sky was partially overcast, just where the sun was, this is why there s a lot of wariation in WB and brightness of the pics. Lenses used where a 17/3.5 Vivitar (Tokina made), a Nikkor 24/2.8 and a 28/2. From Rovinj we went to the village of Motovun, another gem, of which i ll post the pictures in an anoher thread.

The originals:
http://www.pbase.com/tomasg_71/rovinj

Tomas

Last edited by tomasg on Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:42 am; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the series, very natural exposures! Smile

The Montalbano pic, #20, #21 and the pavement shots are my favorites.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

symphonic
yes, i also like thses pavements...intresting that you like the "Monmtalbano" one, it was meant as a joke, "Il commisario Montalbano" was a popular series on the Italian national TV. Its about a police inspector in Sicily. Smile

Tomas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomasg wrote:
intresting that you like the "Monmtalbano" one, it was meant as a joke, "Il commisario Montalbano" was a popular series on the Italian national TV. Its about a police inspector in Sicily. Smile

Yes, I figured it was something along those lines, though I'm not familiar with the series. Very Happy I like the colors and perspective in that shot.

cheers

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas, wich are your 3 favorite boat pictures in this series ?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm...#24, #28 and#29, if i must choose one

Tomas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love all of these, very consistent style, colour and composition. #26 and #27 have a really nice texture to them although I think that I prefer #26 due to the composition and the rendering being a little fussy in #27.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice place and very nice photos!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx, William

Thanx Orio, i know that some of them are a bit "repetitive" Wink

Tomas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomasg wrote:
hmmm...#24, #28 and#29, if i must choose one

Tomas

So , let it be ...24,28,29 ! Wink and the others, non boat pictures , if you understand what I am trying to say , and you have a very nice series here. Very nice place and a good eye for the cityscape ,interesting angles ,and you had a big advantage : no turists messing around ! Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So , let it be ...24,28,29 ! Wink and the others, non boat pictures , if you understand what I am trying to say

got the message Wink , you are right Smile as also discussed here:http://forum.mflenses.com/a-road-t43793.html
i really appriciate all the comments, critiques and suggestions! The turists, yes they can be a nightmare, we almost went there in the summer, this is one hour by car from where we live, but i also don t like over crowded places Smile

Tomas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice clear, colorful, sharp photos... I like all of them Smile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice series, some great shooting alngles and nice colors indeed.
(personally I would have underexposes 1/3-1/2 stop to bring out the
colors more, as they look a bit "pastel" i.e. washed out on my monitor)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomasg wrote:
Quote:
So , let it be ...24,28,29 ! Wink and the others, non boat pictures , if you understand what I am trying to say

got the message Wink , you are right Smile as also discussed here:http://forum.mflenses.com/a-road-t43793.html
i really appriciate all the comments, critiques and suggestions! The turists, yes they can be a nightmare, we almost went there in the summer, this is one hour by car from where we live, but i also don t like over crowded places Smile

Tomas

Lucky you !