Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

3M-6A F6.3 and some little birds
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:05 am    Post subject: 3M-6A F6.3 and some little birds Reply with quote

Out in the park today with the 3M-6A F6.3 and Pentax K5 and managed to get some pics of these little rascals.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 and 5 are my fav.
Congrats for this nice job. Smile

Maybe some are underexposed and deserve some PP.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All great captures!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb work with that mirror Surprised

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done! Mirror lenses are not that easy to handle and work with...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the compliments.
The bird with the blue tails is a juvenile male splendid fairy wren.
The one with the yellow throat is a male spotted pardalote. The last bird is the female spotted pardalote.
This was my first spotting and pics of the spotted pardalote visiting my park so for me an exciting moment. Normally they tend to hide in upper capies and near on impossible to get decent pictures of. Fortunately this pair were in low level shrubs. They are also quite tiny and about half the size of a sparrow.
As for the lens, it's starting to talk to me now but could do with a relube.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like 'em all
You know bird well.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaza, Google has become my very best friend in bird identification + some very useful local bird websites. When a previously unphotographed bird is good enough to pose for me I feel I owe it the courtesy of learning its name.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent captures ...I know how fast these little boys and girls move.....extremely well done... Shocked Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that first one the best -- the blue pops out of an otherwise desaturated BG.

Comparing this and your parrot post, I'm amenable to this lens' results when the background is more distant. On the three shots of parrots on the ground, where you have a constant plane from foreground to background, the bokeh and focus-blur shift are really jarring.