Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Porst Tele 135/2.8 (Enna Ennalyt)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject: Porst Tele 135/2.8 (Enna Ennalyt) Reply with quote

This is a very nice little Enna lens. Great IQ, but with a few drawbacks: focusing is awfully slow, and there's no focus helicoid. So the whole lens barrel (including the diaphragm ring) rotates while focusing.

It's this lens: http://forum.mflenses.com/porst-tele-135mm-2-8-very-small-135-mm-lens-t36901.html

Some simple results:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also made some gear photos with this lens. Definitely nice! Smile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great photos, Peter!

By the way all 135mm lenses are good, I tried a dozens.
There are no bad 135mm lens.

semso

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! And of course there are bad 135mm lenses. For instance I was never impressed by the old 135/1.8's (apart from the SMC Pentax-A* 135mm f/1.8 ). And I'm also not fond of my smallest Fujita 135mm f/4.5 (which is possibly the smallest 135mm ever).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ja, that is like to say that Domiplan is not good.
But the other 99.99% of the standard lenses are.

regards semso

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those great images say nothing to me about the lens quality ....
If you happen find a bottle with an m42 mount I bet you can take the most incredible pictures.... Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
Those great images say nothing to me about the lens quality ....
If you happen find a bottle with an m42 mount I bet you can take the most incredible pictures.... Shocked

Laughing

I still don't understand why everyone is so kind about my photos. I'm the first to admit that I'm a rather mediocre photographer. I see many more interesting photos made by others on this forum... I just happen to know from experience which buttons to press and which rings to turn, that's all... Wink

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:

I still don't understand why everyone is so kind about my photos. I'm the first to admit that I'm a rather mediocre photographer. I see many more interesting photos made by others on this forum... I just happen to know from experience which buttons to press and which rings to turn, that's all... Wink

Do not say that. Your exposures are always perfect. Your choice of angles and lighting also. White balance is always appropriate. Saturation is always right. Sharpening is always well calibrated. You obviously know what to do, both in taking the picture and in raw developing it afterwards.

All very nice samples, #5 is special.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
(excuse my bad english, I'm French! nobody's perfect)
Would you have a picture of the lens? because I get lost in the models Porst! Shocked

I am also a Enna Ennalyt 2.8/135mm (slightly hazy), the results are bad! and singularly lacking in contrast (this is normal)
but Is not sharp, compared to my other 135mm
thank you

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Spotmatic wrote:

Do not say that. Your exposures are always perfect. Your choice of angles and lighting also. White balance is always appropriate. Saturation is always right. Sharpening is always well calibrated. You obviously know what to do, both in taking the picture and in raw developing it afterwards.

All very nice samples, #5 is special.

Shocked +1 You must be a natural and too humble!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vador111 wrote:
Hello,
(excuse my bad english, I'm French! nobody's perfect)
Would you have a picture of the lens? because I get lost in the models Porst! Shocked

I am also a Enna Ennalyt 2.8/135mm (slightly hazy), the results are bad! and singularly lacking in contrast (this is normal)
but Is not sharp, compared to my other 135mm
thank you

Of course! I don't have a picture of it available, but it looks like this (but my version is not zebra but all black):

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Tele-Ennalyt-1-2-8-135mm-M42-/150614318284#ht_500wt_1180

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you - ok ...I see... double ring, but the version PORST is not Zebra I believe.Question
she looks like that?:
http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=36901
I forgot ... pretty pictures that highlight the qualities of the lens! Wink
good sunday

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you and yes, that's the one I have!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed the shots from the other thread, this lens is a gem!. I love the last one on the other thread, the flying bird, what a gorgeous 3D effect!. And from this one, the portraits are so great!. Love the two girls shot (the last one) and the two first portraits (boy and girl).
It helps for sure, having such expressive models Smile

(I'm in doubt about which cam did you use, K5 or 5D? (no EXIFs available).)

Corrected: I see now the EXIFs. Crying or Very sad So it was the 5D...

Regards.
Jes.