Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

vivitar 35/1.9
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: vivitar 35/1.9 Reply with quote

I've just won from ebay the vivitar 35/1.9 for GBP 48.01. Do you think this is a good price for the lens?
I have read from the forum this lens is a hidden gem with good sharpness and bokeh.

I will post a picture sample when it comes from UK

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never used one so I can't tell you about its performance (only read about it here and elsewhere), but I followed many on ebay because I was trying to buy one, and for that price it seems a great deal, if the lens is in good condition.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the serial number on the lens?
If it begins with "28" it's a Komine made lens, a very nice one I'd add Smile. Take a look here http://forum.mflenses.com/vivitar-35mm-f1-9-t501.html and here http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=33661

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in the middle conversation with the seller, he/she wanted to cancel this auction and refund the bill .... Sad
from the ebay picture .. the serial number is 28418788

yes this lens is amazing .. love the bokeh

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely lens, price wasn't high at all , you made a good deal congrats! Similar fast lens price from any well known vendor like Nikon , Olympus , Konica price is double. Look forward your shoots!

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a short article about this lens on Camera-wik.org:

http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Vivitar_35mm_f/1.9

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do actually get the lens, I'd like to hear how it does against your Flektogon.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you run in to issues i can relay for you if needed, signed post to indonesia was just over £9 from a lens i sent there a few weeks back.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be sure to post some samples when you get it! Smile

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

after having conversation, he apologize that the item is not available and said that he confuse about the listing, canceled the transaction and refunded my money. I don't wanted to issue this .... maybe is not my lucky day Smile

this is the item with miss leading title: vivitar 28/2.8 instead of vivitar 35/1.9 .. Very Happy
Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arstone wrote:

this is the item with miss leading title: vivitar 28/2.8 instead of vivitar 35/1.9 .. Very Happy
Click here to see on Ebay

I was following that lens, and placed a bid. I is a rare lens, not often seen on ebay. I like the lens.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I owned this lens and sold it when I need funds few years ago. Recently bought it again from one of the forum member. A good used copy ends about $80 to $100 without shipping in ebay US recently.