Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 35 f1,9 (Komine made)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: Vivitar 35 f1,9 (Komine made) Reply with quote

Although I am a Takumar lenses collector I some times buy some other lens (symptoms of LBA). So I bought Vivitar 35 f1,9 with M42 mounth. After two weeks I can say that lens is good and it will stay with me. Lens is sharp enough from f1,9, and very sharp from f4. Some pictures with my Pentax K20d:

f1,9

f2,8

f4

f1,9

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the non-series 1?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great lens! the only viv prime lens that really impressed me. it produces really freaky colored iris ghosts when a hard light source hits the front.
bokeh sort of creamy, I noticed my copy has a bluish tint.
Less CA than the 2/35 Zuiko and less distortion.
Always searched for a shorter lens to use it with the helios 44, now I found it!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this lens made only in Series 1, and fine one really.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was pretty sure there was a non-series 1 - presumably earlier. A search provided this link which pictures the non-series 1.
http://forum.mflenses.com/vivitar-35mm-f1-9-t501.html

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether series 1 or not it is a great lens and those are beautiful photos.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is photo of my lens. I don`t know if is it Series 1 or not (it has generic front cap)? I also notice that the lens have intense blue and yelow colors.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the same lens and I really like it.
Of course, there are "better" lenses, but with f/1.9 you won't find many.

It's a nice allround-lens for a crop cam!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dfujevec wrote:
Here is photo of my lens. I don`t know if is it Series 1 or not (it has generic front cap)? I also notice that the lens have intense blue and yelow colors.

Not MC !!!

Hight contrast althought that and 1,9 lens.

Has it anything in common with the EBC Fujinon 1,9/35?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is a series 1 it should say so on the lens bezel at the front of the lens. Also looks like a Komine made lens and that can be confirmed by the serial number. 22XXXX for Kiron and 28XXXX for Komine.

My sources show a 35mm f/1.9 made in 1975 at a then cost of $165.00 and in todays money around $600.00.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dawg wrote:
If it is a series 1 it should say so on the lens bezel at the front of the lens. Also looks like a Komine made lens and that can be confirmed by the serial number. 22XXXX for Kiron and 28XXXX for Komine.

My sources show a 35mm f/1.9 made in 1975 at a then cost of $165.00 and in todays money around $600.00.

Following old litterature : some well known lenses s1 were first sold as standard vivitar (non s1)

Even the Most famous 70/210 3.5 was first announced
as a vivitar lens (non s1)
as an interchangeable T mount lens (no more precision : t2 , t4 , tx , t??)
And of course ONLY sold as S1 fixed mount (manufactured only by kiron)

Was tokina (t4/tx mount) the first subcontractor ????
Was vivitar adopting the S1 name because they had a problem with Tokina wich was planning with soligor the c/d range ???

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the times of vivitars in T mount (pre 1970) some of them were made by tokina. I had a 1,8/85 in that serie and was a tokina lens. The 2,8/135 of the same style seems to be made by tokina too.

Rino.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Komine 35/1.9 wasn't marked as "series one", despite its performance was good. I'd say it is sharper than S-M-C 35/2.0 stopped down, but less contrasty. It was one of the first computer-designed vivitar wide-angle lens.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The restaurant shot is soooo pretty.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My lens has serial number 28417551, so it should be made in 1974. Lens is quite sharp wide open at center and noticeably less sharp at the edges (on DX format). At f5,6 and f8 sharpness in more homogeneous, but there is still visible less sharpness at corners. Here is one more shoot with this lens which is now my kit lens.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks a good performer to me.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite sharp and contrasty. I like it. I've tried getting one for a couple of years now but they are too high priced for me at the moment. Congratulations on a great buy! Wink

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: Vivitar 35 f1,9 (Komine made) Reply with quote

dfujevec wrote:

I really like this shot!

BTW, this Viv 1.9/35 has now become the standard lens for my Sigma SD10.