Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 35mm f1.9
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Vivitar 35mm f1.9 Reply with quote

I took my Vivitar 35mm f1.9 lens out, to get some test shots before sending camera back to Canon factory....
As Attila wrote, Vivitar is one of the top in search entry for this site... each one should get some information... Surprised Twisted Evil Laughing
The lens is little bigger for 35mm focal length. Its not top of the line, but heck... its f1,9 in 35mm focal length.
As weather was really bad, not able to get much shot..

Click able images.. will take you to 100% size... little sharpening in PWP... and very small saturation enhancement... I could have live with both of these action.. but, I just did Embarassed

(it was little windy)

wide open (f1.9)

@f5.6 (around f5)

This one is at f5.6.. selective saturation enhancement.. (red and yellow portions with Picture Window Pro)
Little bur.. shake and windy conditions...

Cheers...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Vivitar 35mm f1.9 Reply with quote

Ballu wrote:
... its f1,9 in 35mm focal length...

Exactly and that is why I'm glad to have bought my Porst 1.8/35, although it is a little soft even when stopped down.

You don't find many 35mm fl lenses that are that fast.

Carsten

P.S.: Nice shots, Ballu!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Balu to sharing this pics, I like the composition colours, looks a good lens.
Can you give me 11 full size 6MP pics to mflenses.com gallery ? and one from lens itself I will link back to your flickr account.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Thank you Balu to sharing this pics, I like the composition colours, looks a good lens.
Can you give me 11 full size 6MP pics to mflenses.com gallery ? and one from lens itself I will link back to your flickr account.

Sure.. I will..

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, send me a private message when you are ready I will give you an ftp access to upload.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bokeh!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine arrived yesterday Smile

It's cloudy and cold today, so I took only this two shots (a plate from my mums pottery collections)

f/1.9, no sharpening

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More samples:

100% crop at f/1.9:

f/8:

---

f/1.9

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another of the hidden treasures that this group seems to uncover on a regular basis

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are two more, weather got much better, so I went for a walk together with 35/1.9 vivitar and 80/1.8 panky Smile

This lens is not ultra-sharp, but its sharpness is sufficient for majority of scenes and is very uniform (some 35 lenses are sharper in center, but borders are much softer - even on my 1.7x cropping SD14)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resurrecting an old post here, but every time I Google a lens or camera, I end up here.

I had one of these lenses on watch and forgot to bid as it ended at lunchtime. I came back to the PC to find that it had ended; going for 23gbp!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: I have one I'd part with Reply with quote

It's basically in mint shape, and is an OM-mount version. I just don't use it, and it would be better in the hands of someone who would. Feel free to email ed @ edsawyer.com if you are interested. Great little lens, no doubt.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my wish list. 1.9/28mm was poetic indeed.