Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Price check for Contax T* lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:30 am    Post subject: Price check for Contax T* lenses Reply with quote

This morning I went to a local flea market I never heard of before, and much to my surprise it was pretty nice, and there were a few lenses scattered about. A seller was liquidating his Contax gear, apart from a few RTS bodies, winders, bellows, etc he had

* Sonnar 85mm 2.8, he was asking 80€

* Distagon 35mm 2.8, 70€

* Distagon 28mm f2.0, 200€

There was also a Planar 50/1.4, and he told me he had already sold a few others in the last weeks. All had original caps except the Sonnar, all mechanically perfect, the 28/2 had a couple 1mm scratches on the front element, the Sonnar under strong light had a few tiny dots on the inside, either dust or condensed oil, invisible under normal light.

Are those good prices? I had no cash with me and I already bought too much stuff lately, but if the prices are ok I might go there next week if he still has them.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prices are all incredible, at least 50% off! I'd love that 28/2 for 200 Euro!!! Will he post to the UK? Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Prices are all incredible, at least 50% off! I'd love that 28/2 for 200 Euro!!! Will he post to the UK? Very Happy

The seller has a small table at a flea market, I doubt he posts anywhere. Smile

Prices seemed very good, yes. I'm tempted to go to an ATM machine, and drive the 10km again to get them...

L.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will say 60-70% off....... Shocked

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give you 300 euro for it if it's in good condition (no fungus!). That should pay for your fuel Wink Or you could sell it for probably a lot more Laughing

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those prices are incredible. Shocked

If I were you, I'd drive as fast as I can to get them before someone else does lol. Wink

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try to go back in an hour or so. The funny thing is, he said he had more Zeiss lenses, and he sold only a few in the past month. At similar prices.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh, see if he has a 25/2.8 please Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't waste any more time.
Go back and grab them all even if you need to borrow some money.
You sell them here a little bit cheaper than market goes and still you'd have a profit.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
Don't waste any more time.
Go back and grab them all even if you need to borrow some money.
You sell them here a little bit cheaper than market goes and still you'd have a profit.

+1. Don't miss this chance.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So did you end up getting those lenses for these prices?

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the end I did not make it. I will go early next Sunday, and hope some of them are still there.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow these are really good (or god?) prices!

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

berraneck wrote:

They actually sound more like realistic prices, and the high price they go for here is simply the artificial price generated by demand, which itself is partially or wholly generated by some members of this forum. Wink

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSG wrote:
berraneck wrote:

They actually sound more like realistic prices, and the high price they go for here is simply the artificial price generated by demand, which itself is partially or wholly generated by some members of this forum. Wink
that´s true - but on the other side, for those of us who don´t have chance to get these lenses at flea market or elsewhere (because this kind of lenses is very rare in my country) is this good price. sadly. if i wanted to buy such a lens, i may go to ebay, search forums or adds - and these are the places, where they cost high prices

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a price which is based on demand is not an artificial price imho.... Wink

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never saw those lenses sell at such low prices, not even before this or other similar forum existed.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I never saw those lenses sell at such low prices, not even before this or other similar forum existed.

Lies I tell you! You could pick up Zeiss lenses for peanuts until this forum came a long. This forum is the only reason that lenses have gone up in price. And the moon is made of cheese! Laughing

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Orio wrote:

Lies I tell you! You could pick up Zeiss lenses for peanuts until this forum came a long. This forum is the only reason that lenses have gone up in price. And the moon is made of cheese! Laughing

Have you seen the price of cheese lately???? Out of this world Smile Smile Smile

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ludoo!!

Please! Can you give me a quote from the flea market + shipping to the UK?

1 x Distagon 2/28
1 x Planar 2/100
1 x Planar 2/135
1 x Sonnar 3.5/100
1 x Vario-Sonnar 100-300

I pay ASAP! Smile

tf

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trifox wrote:
Ludoo!!

Please! Can you give me a quote from the flea market + shipping to the UK?

I'm not there and cannot check anythin until next Sunday, and the only lenses he had left were those I mentioned above. He had more, but has been selling them for about one month. The strange thing is those I saw were still there after that time.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a now or never case, Ludo. You should have taken them: even if you afterwards decided not to keep them, you could resell them easily, any time.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
That was a now or never case, Ludo. You should have taken them: even if you afterwards decided not to keep them, you could resell them easily, any time.

I know, but I was lazy and did not want to get the car, find an ATM in the middle of nowhere, then get back, find a parking spot, etc.

And I'm a bit wary of the time it takes to resell a lens: I have to take pics, answer questions, package it, go to the post office. And there's always the risk of it getting damaged in transit. Even considering a profit of 50% on the lenses, which is something I would not do for fellow long-standing members who would get them at little more than cost, I would gain more at less risk by using the time for consulting after my main job is done.

And since I've decided to rationalize my setups to Sigma+M42 and NX10+Nikon/Hexanon AR, I have no place for a Contax lens, even though I'd love a couple of them and I'm sure they're better than anything I have. Fitting them in my kit would mean even more time and money spent for a conversion.

The only incentive I have, and the reason I will go there next Sunday, is to rescue some great gear from a potentially uneducated buyer, and maybe to let someone else have the lenses (if they are still there) at a good price.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, the guy also had two RTS bodies, one with a winder attached, and a bellows set. All in what looked like great condition. Id anybody is interested in them, I'm sure they will be below market price too.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ludoo wrote:
BTW, the guy also had two RTS bodies, one with a winder attached, and a bellows set. All in what looked like great condition. Id anybody is interested in them, I'm sure they will be below market price too.

Those are much harder to sell, however.