Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Price check for Contax T* lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I`m interested in the bellow, if it`s the proper one.
Just let me know.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
I`m interested in the bellow, if it`s the proper one.
Just let me know.

I have no idea how much it's worth. If you are able to give me an upper cost limit, considering it will have to be shipped, and it turns out it's a) in good shape, and b) below that figure, I can get it for you if it's still there.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, if you could grab that 28/2 for me, i would be very happy Smile

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been looking for a Sonnar 85/2.8 for a while Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vultures are out already! Twisted Evil

Fortunately I can live without Zeiss glass. For now. Really. I mean... Rolling Eyes

Wink

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter, you can live without Zeiss?

That sounds very scary! Smile

tf

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ludoo wrote:

I know, but I was lazy and did not want to get the car, find an ATM in the middle of nowhere, then get back, find a parking spot, etc.

I see very clearly you have not LBA!
Not even the smallest sign of LBA.
Everyone with LBA would have searched fast for an ATM with car/bike or without.
Or would have taken the adress to get the other lenses at least!

You are a lucky man!
To withstand even the Zeiss lenses.
Or do you have a Nikon DSLR?

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoneV wrote:
I see very clearly you have not LBA!

Heh, I rationalized my LBA: for example, I picked up yesterday a Nikkor 24/2.8 at an excellent price (50% the regular price on ebay), and with a 1-yr warranty. But this is a lens I can use with my bodies with no hassle, of a focal length I don't have, and I have waited to find one at the right price for quite a bit. What I can't stand anymore is having a drawer full of lenses, and spending a lot of time on dealing, conversions, etc. I much prefer spending my little spare time taking pictures. Smile

Quote:
Or would have taken the adress to get the other lenses at least!

I did, but he lives 40km. from my house, I would have needed to take a day off to go there. And no, I don't have a Nikon DSLR (but I will get a Fuji S5 when I have the money and find a cheap one).

Ok, I'll do this: on Sunday I will go there and take all he has left: lenses, bellows, etc. I will only keep the Planar 50/1.4 if I manage to get it (he wanted to sell it with a body), and give the Distagon 35/2.8 to a friend, the rest will be put for sale on this forum at very little markup. I will give preference to long standing members, and those from countries where Contax lenses are impossible to find. Smile

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking photos instead of stacking lenses on the shelf is a good idea Smile

I have LBA, and have some Zeiss lenses, probably enough (at least if I ask my wife).
And I am very excited when I see really cheap lenses - like my last weekend on the flea market.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoneV wrote:
And I am very excited when I see really cheap lenses - like my last weekend on the flea market.

What did you find? Wink

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Zeiss Ikon Contax IIa with Zeiss Jena Sonnar 50/2.0
http://forum.mflenses.com/zeiss-ikon-contax-iia-and-zeiss-jena-sonnar-50mm-2-0-t38971.html
- 3 projection lenses for 16 mm film from Isco (50mm/1.2), Som Berithot, and Astro (Berlin?)
- Zeiss Jena Flektogon 25mm/4.0 with Exacta mount
- a real gem, a Leitz Summaron 28mm/5.6
- an old Minolta right angle finder - fits to Canon EOS 5D
- two simple Exacta-mount lenses, Meyer or Meritar 50/2.9 I think and one other I didn´t remember.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoneV wrote:
- Zeiss Ikon Contax IIa with Zeiss Jena Sonnar 50/2.0
http://forum.mflenses.com/zeiss-ikon-contax-iia-and-zeiss-jena-sonnar-50mm-2-0-t38971.html

Oh yes, I remember reading your post. What a find! Smile

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final update on the bargain Contax lenses. The title of this morning's trip might have been: Murphy's law strikes again.

I planned to go to the market with a friend who wanted the 35/2.8, and we had decided to be there at 9:00. He changed his mind yesterday night, and we had friends for dinner last night so I went to bed late, and woke up slightly later than I wanted to. Grabbed my car, stopped at an ATM on my way there, and the ATM kept spitting out one of my two cards saying the PIN number was incorrect. After a good fifteen minutes of head scratching, an SMS appears on my phone from the credit card company saying my card has been blocked and to contact customer service. Another ten minutes spent looking for the customer service number, only to learn they are closed on weekends. Great! I get cash from my other card, and after about half an hour get on my way again.

I get to the market, which is in a different place from last time, and start working my way through the stalls looking for the Contax seller. Needless to say, he was hidden in a side alley on the opposite side from where I started, so it took me a good half hour to find him. I get there, and... surprise! He had sold the lenses less than half an hour before.

I don't know if I feel sad or relieved, as the prospect of having to do all the work to sell them, even at a very good price, was not something I was looking forward to.

I have a suspicion that the person who bought them read this thread:

* the lenses had been on sale for about a month, with no buyers

* the person who bought the this morning went there with the exact amount needed to get all three

* there are few flea markets here, a bit of googling would have turned out this one as the most likely candidate

If a member got them, well congrats for a good buy, you owe me a coffee or a glass of beer. For all those who wanted them, sorry for keeping your hopes up.

This morning's expedition was not a total failure: I found a Kodak Signet 35 which is very hard to find here and brought it down from 30€ to 15€, but then left it as the shutter needed some work; it was gone half an hour later. What I got is a Fujica ST801 in excellent condition, complete with its Fujnon EBC 55/1.8, for about the cost of a slice of pizza and a coke.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the Fujica was a good deal at least! I guess in life we all look back at moments and wished we'd done something different, but we did all tell you to go back ASAP Wink Never mind, get out there with that nice EBC!

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear of your disappointment. Reminds me of something that happened to me recently. Went to a charity jumble sale in small village 8 miles from home. Old lady had a camera in a ever-ready leather case, 20ukp sticker on it, I opened it and nearly dropped the damn thing when I saw it - bullseye Contarex with a 1.4/55 Planar on it!

Now, problem was, this village has no ATM and I had 8ukp cash so I hopped in the car drove like a madman the 8 miles home to the ATM, got the cash, drove back and as I walked in the building again some guy was walking out with the Contarex.

Just hope he wanted it to use it, not sell it on for profit...