Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon FD 55 f1.2 - 11134 x 3481 pixels test
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Canon FD 55 f1.2 - 11134 x 3481 pixels test Reply with quote

Hi to all.

I really do not want to present something similar to those perfect Tobias' panoramas -
I'd wish to live at such a place where he lives Wink and have such a nice collection of pictures Smile

Anyway, I have just done this as a test.

As a test of new technology and old manual lens
As a test of time difference but within the same company - Canon.

Picture with 11134 x 3481 pixel size through lens made in 70's (?)

Aperture = f/8

I have done the PP in LightRoom then PTGui stitching SW and finally - Photoshop a bit

CLICK ON THIS PICTURE - and have a patience

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
This is a super nice panorama, Stan!
I guess it's the street where you live ... what's the name of the place?

a 55mm lens is a perfect for pano (on ff). It gives a very natural feel, especially when architecture is part of the scene. Keep trying !!

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tobias -- thanks for your nice supporting words - yes, I live just down there Smile

You are absolutely right regarding that focal length - I saw one panorama taken with that lens and I was absolutely impressed ..

I am preparing myself to do pictures not test only and FD 55 is a great focal length - well, I'd wish to have Planar 1.2/55 but I can not have it now Smile

I really love 55mm focal length and I would say it's absolutely amazing angle of view - so natural and I have never had a lens in that focal length.

So, I am happy now! and the lens looks absolutely amazing ...

tf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Planar 55/1.2 sounds good Wink ...

I use sometimes Flek 35/2.4 on my K20, wich is moreless the same as a 55mm on the ff. These panos look the most natural ...

Cheers
TObias

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That came out really nice. The lense is no slouch. When you click on the big picture it brings out a lot of details the lense is picking up. Nice work and nice lense.