Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Eastar S2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Eastar S2 Reply with quote

I found today a Eastar S2 rangefinder, Made in China. Do you guys know ANYTHING about this camera?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting and very crap Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not necessarily, i found some guy who's saying that the lens is a tessar copy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Tessar copy like Dacia was copy of Renault you know difference very well Wink

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy that i didn't had to know the difference but i understand what you mean Smile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

piticu wrote:
I'm happy that i didn't had to know the difference but i understand what you mean Smile

Even better;)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks very like a copy of a FED 5.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the only rangefinder I know where the film plane is marked on the body. Would be happy if other manufacturers had done so.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of Japanese 35mm rangefinders had the film plane mark. Maybe most of them.

Quite common.

This looks like a copy of the typical all manual Japanese rangefinder of the late 1950's-1960's - not a a specific one, but the whole category.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Lots of Japanese 35mm rangefinders had the film plane mark. Maybe most of them.

Quite common.

This looks like a copy of the typical all manual Japanese rangefinder of the late 1950's-1960's - not a a specific one, but the whole category.

Really? I haven't seen it on any. Not to talk about the russians and germans but also no one of my japanese rangefinders has it. SLR yes, but not rangefinders.

Btw., anyone knows how to clean the shutter of the S2? How to get to the shutter blades.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably the later ones dropped it.

It doesn't look like the Yashica Electro has one, but the Yashica Lynx models do. I also have an Olympus 35 and a Konica Auto S that have them, Ricoh 500 has it but Ricoh 500GX does not, etc.