Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Strolling around with my new camera
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:00 am    Post subject: Strolling around with my new camera Reply with quote

Hi guys!

Yesterday, I fetched my wife from work and on the way I decided to take advantage of a beautiful sunny evening and take some pictures on the way!

Most with Nikkor-Q 135mm f2.8 on my new EOS 40D!

This last one was taken with Helios 81N

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love the b&w--i would swear they were film! may i ask what settings you used and if you shot b&w or pp'd them from color?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first Black & White was done with the standard Aperture3 B&W setting with High contrast.

The second was done using Silver Efex Pro. First I applied a high structure filter and than I tweaked the curves to get it like this!

There is nothing better than Silver Efex for B&W!!

Still selling your 17-40? (if so, PM me!)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I on the other hand love the saturated color - the red light bulbs, the delicious color bokeh. Well done!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots indeed.
The bokeh is somewhat typical for Nikkor lenses, a little over-corrected for spherical aberration and thus not that elegant with ooF highlights.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM sent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice B&W photograph #1 !

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And some more pictures from today!

All pictures where taken with Nikkor-H 85mm f1.8 at varying apertures and processed in Aperture3!

The first is again a B&W Conversion done using Silver Efex Pro, this time emulating a Kodak Tri-X at ISO 400!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do like the b&w conversions.

btw, i did pm you as you requested. did you receive it as it still seems to be in my outbox (vs sentbox)?