Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Snowflakes w/ Yashinon Tomioka 60/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:37 am    Post subject: Snowflakes w/ Yashinon Tomioka 60/2.8 Reply with quote

We had a very light snow in Oklahoma City today. It was all clumped together with tiny flakes, but I managed to get a few before the sun was gone. I really don't like cold at all, but I can never resist.

5Dii + Kenko tubes + Yashinon Tomioka 60/2.8 + Raynox DCR-250

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, i like that green backgrond!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are beautiful, Haley !

What do you think about the raynox close-up lens ?
I just received a Canon 500D close-up lens.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shattura, lucky for me, we still have a little green left in the yard to lend some color. Unlucky for me, I had to lie on the wet ground to get to it.

Olivier, I have the Canon 250D and used it quite a bit years ago, but it's only a 58mm. I like the way the Raynox attaches b/c I can use it on any lens, really, without the fuss of step rings. I've only used it maybe two times now, but I can't complain about the image quality one bit. I think you will not be disappointed with the 500D at all.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Haley for the answer.
I'm confident I will be pleased with the Canon close-up lens 500D after some quick trials.
It's a 77mm and I'm waiting for a 67-77mm step-up ring to mount it on my EF 70-200 F4 L.

I just tried on the MF Tokina 35-70mm f2.8 and I can't reach infinity. But it's good close (what it's made for, I know... Wink ).
... and also tried on my old Flektogon 4/20mm which is a 77mm diameter lens. Interesting point of view. I believe it should please you to use a wide angle and a close-up lens. You should focus very close and have a good FOV at f16 or f22.
Smile
I

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic shots! Surprised

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very, very nice Haley! Esp. #2 does it for me!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great results ! Wanna try that too Wink

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tobbsman wrote:
great results ! Wanna try that too Wink

Cheers
Tobias

+1 Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like christmas tree decoration. well done. first one is my favorite because of the pastel coloured background.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely shots. This is where the 60D could come in handy i.e. no wet, muddy clothes Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, lovely results!