Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Element swaping
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Element swaping Reply with quote

I have a supertak 50/1.4 witht last element having fungus scars, ialso have a penntax smc M 50/1.4 whose last element is clean ,so iam asking can i swap the last element of the pentax with that of the takumar (7 element version) cause last i cheaked both have same optical formula!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would interesting if you could, how similar in shape are the elements?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it fits without modifying the lenses, then go for it. It's worth a try.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
If it fits without modifying the lenses, then go for it. It's worth a try.

+1 on that!

I succesfully swapped elements before, made 1 good one out of 2 bad ones. Do some testing afterwards to check if all is okay!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a Biotar with 500 blades and a front element in a shape that it will make one cry!
Does the alleged "biotar copies" will fill the gap, or there is another option apart buying a new one - which makes few sense in this case,

[]s,

Renato

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely worth a try!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i wil definitely try it!!! looks quite similar !!!!thank you for all your suggestions

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing to be lost by trying it - if it doesn't work 100%, it might produce something that turns out good for portraits or novelty value, at least.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

optically speaking it should be possible, not sure, actually rather doubtful if it will be possible 'mechanically' though. Looking at the rear of a Super Takumar and an Pentax M 1.4/50 not only, of course, the mount is different but the whole 'casing' looks quite different and I am pretty sure one could not just exchange that. That is, if swapable it would be the glass element only and again I am not sure if these would be 100% identical so that they would fit in a 'different' housing

( btw. I just received a Tokina f3.5/17mm I had bought to use it's rear element to substitute a damaged one of an otherwise good Vivitar f3.5/17mm in a more convenient mount. Turned out that this is not possible. The whole construction of the rear element, even the size of the glasses are so very different that I now doubt, can't imagine that, as one can read so often and generally is believed, these two lenses are optically identical. )

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:
optically speaking it should be possible, not sure, actually rather doubtful if it will be possible 'mechanically' though. Looking at the rear of a Super Takumar and an Pentax M 1.4/50 not only, of course, the mount is different but the whole 'casing' looks quite different and I am pretty sure one could not just exchange that. That is, if swapable it would be the glass element only and again I am not sure if these would be 100% identical so that they would fit in a 'different' housing

( btw. I just received a Tokina f3.5/17mm I had bought to use it's rear element to substitute a damaged one of an otherwise good Vivitar f3.5/17mm in a more convenient mount. Turned out that this is not possible. The whole construction of the rear element, even the size of the glasses are so very different that I now doubt, can't imagine that, as one can read so often and generally is believed, these two lenses are optically identical. )

I also face some trouble with Jupiter 8 lens ,i had 1jupiter 8 and a jupiter 8m in contax mount ,the contax mount lenses front element was to transplanted in the m39 jupiter 8 , but found the diameter of the front element of the jupiter 8m is larger!!! had to do minor mod to fit the element!! Currently looking for a salvagable super tak at low price whose most rearest element ois in good condition!11

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did it turn out? Did they fit? Still sharp?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
How did it turn out? Did they fit? Still sharp?

havent tried it yet , will let you people know when i try it. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy