Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter-12 3,5cm f2.8 red P FED-2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Jupiter-12 3,5cm f2.8 red P FED-2 Reply with quote

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does the red p designate?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

greg wrote:
What does the red p designate?

I guess something like the Zeiss red T, that is, "coated"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coated lens.

Secret why I hunt these lenses, they made from Zeiss material , on Zeiss machineries by Zeiss people after WW2 I found many amazing lenses from early ones.

http://forum.mflenses.com/the-red-army-t34229.html

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always wanted to try a J12. Looking forward to your images. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
I have always wanted to try a J12. Looking forward to your images. Smile

Laughing me too Smile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens like all Biogons has great Bokeh. Make sure you take advantage of it Wink

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
This lens like all Biogons has great Bokeh. Make sure you take advantage of it Wink

Thank you for reminder! I will try it out!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my fed-2 matches yours, Attila. good-looking machine and lens ...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
coated lens.

Secret why I hunt these lenses, they made from Zeiss material , on Zeiss machineries by Zeiss people after WW2

Well, a 57xxx serial Jupiter should be made in 1957, from USSR material by USSR staff. All old Zeiss parts must have been used up much earlier - by 57 they had already been rolling out Kievs and Jupiters for a few years in higher numbers than Zeiss ever did. Even if Zeiss laid down several year's worth of components, and all of it had made it through the war and into the USSR, it would have been used up by that time.

And there is not really a need to hunt for early USSR gear or stuff made from old Zeiss rejects. The quality of the immediate post-war German and USSR products was a very mixed bag - while you can stumble across a piece made by a top class Zeiss master trainer you are more likely to hit upon the first attempt by a Ukrainian trainee...

The 55-65 period was the best in USSR camera and lens production, when their machinery was fresh, and their staff fully trained and experienced.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you as always Sevo! Hungarian Optical Company MOM did close camera and lens making in 60th due Russian couldn't deliver enough good optical glass.