Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

COMPUTAR MEDIUM FORMAT 105-150MM ZOOM LENS
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: COMPUTAR MEDIUM FORMAT 105-150MM ZOOM LENS Reply with quote

Hi,

I received this offer from Surplus Shed:

http://www.surplusshed.com/pages/item/l10514.html

Does anyone know how to mount it on a NEX-5?

Is it worth the 50$?

Thanks

Izhar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the ones from the last batch made of Camerz portrait cameras (late ones are usually found sold as and by Photo-control, as they were usually leased).

These were made for 70mm long-roll film.

The should cover 4.5x6, but I may be mistaken as there may have been several models. I know the 75-150 zoom was for 4.5x6, as this is a natural portrait range for that format. 105-150 may be for 6x6 or 6x7 or close to it. The seller says this covers 4x5, which sounds strange to me, but if so thats fantastic.

It would require a home-made adapter. It would be best if it includes the flange, used for mounting to the Camerz camera, but it doesn't seem like this has it.

How to mount on the NEX? Well, I would start with a block of wood of the right thickness (which we will have to calculate after figuring out the back focus on this lens, drill a nice big hole in the center, screw a NEX mount plate taken off one of the more standard NEX adapters on one side, and a flange with a female thread for this Computar on the other. That flange is the hard part, it may have to be machined.

It would be even more interesting to someone with a Speed Graphic or maybe even a 4x5 field camera (if it actually does cover 4x5). A zoom large format lens would be quite a novelty ! Certainly worth $ 50

These things are HUGE btw.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some info about them
http://www.apug.org/forums/forum51/51167-camerz-70mm-ziie-long-roll-lens-mount.html