Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cimko MT Series MC 24mm f/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Cimko MT Series MC 24mm f/2.8 Reply with quote

I was a little surprised by this one. It turned out better than I thought it would. Couldn't find anything out about it on the net though, anyone know anything about this lens manufacturer or brand?

6 blad iris, oof aren't too bad. Reasonably sharp stopped down. Some CA, but not the worst I've seen.

Anyway, shot tripod mounted, iso 100, in camera NR, no sharpening, only WB adjustment from grey card in post. Sorry, taken on crop sensor -1.5x

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CIMa KOgaku did a steady business as a maker of private label lenses through the 70s and 80s. Lentar, Focal and CPC are three that come to mind, though all three also used other suppliers.

The rear of the lens has a distinctive screw pattern for attaching the mounting flange to the body of the lens. While not user interchangeable in the sense of Tamron Adaptall mounts, a little skill and some small screwdrivers can be used to change that mount from one camera brand to another.

Adequate image makers. Nobody swears by them but nobody swears at them either.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh. Thanks for the info!

I would have to agree about image quality. It isn't bad, but it isn't great either.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

casualcollector wrote:
CIMa KOgaku did a steady business as a maker of private label lenses through the 70s and 80s. Lentar, Focal and CPC are three that come to mind, though all three also used other suppliers. .

ALL magnon lenses were cimko lenses
Vivitar 28-50 was a cimko lens

Quality was medium/low but another big problem of cimko lenses was they did not have the dof preview button (om and m42 lenses)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have the same lens (bought very cheap). It's certainly not the best 24mm on earth, but it is an adequate performer.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Australia you are so lucky to have this fantastic flora.
Banksia?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure. It doesn't look like most banksia I've seen (different flower structure). I do find it pretty though. Those flowers are huge ~ a good 15-20cm, and the stamen (?) is really unusual. Feels just like some creature's fur!