Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Back from Paris...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:42 am    Post subject: Back from Paris... Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I'm back from my honeymoon in Paris! It was a wonderful stay full of good meals, nice sights to see and good weather!

Just before I went I sold my Nikkor 18-105 VR and got myself a Tamron SP 17-50 f2.8 non VC as my walk around lens! This was the best decision to make before that trip! The lens is gorgeous and it stayed on my camera the whole with just one exception, where I took my Tamron 40A for some shots of the tower of Notredame!

So here we go, some pictures from my journey, all of them with the Tamron 17-50 f2.8.

This picture is not from Paris but short before we landed in Hamburg as we returned!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! 6, 10 & 11 for me.

I'm interested in this lens, could you tell more on it ? Compared to fixed lens? Because a fast zoom for nearly the price of one fixed lens (that wouldn't be faster), that sounds very interesting. I imagine image quality is not at the same level, but the reviews consider the lens as very sharp and globally very good for IQ.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super photographs from Paris ! Great one with the Louvre-pyramide ...

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ylyad,

all those pictures are full res on the Nikon D200.

First three are wide open

fourth and fith are at f4

6 & 7 at f5.6

8-12 at f2.8

13 + 14 at f4

and the last one is at f5.6

I really like the lens! It is sharp wide open and super sharp stopped down!

The only lens that is sharper at f2.8 in my lineup is my Nikkor-H 85 f1.8.

The build quality is quiet nice, with very good plastic, metal mount, tight tolerances, and very nice friction on zoom and focus control (at least or an AF-lens).

The Focusing motor is not an HSM type but fast enough and quiet enough!

Anymore question? Ask!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And all of the pics have proper Exif Data on them if you download the originals!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great, superb honeymoon in Paris
I have been once in Paris with the Tamron 17-50 and it was the last time I used this zoom. so poor quality, colors, resolution
time to use some good lens Wink

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Karhallarn, very useful answer. Good that X-mas is showing up Wink

Karhallarn wrote:
Hi ylyad,

all those pictures are full res on the Nikon D200.

First three are wide open

fourth and fith are at f4

6 & 7 at f5.6

8-12 at f2.8

13 + 14 at f4

and the last one is at f5.6

I really like the lens! It is sharp wide open and super sharp stopped down!

The only lens that is sharper at f2.8 in my lineup is my Nikkor-H 85 f1.8.

The build quality is quiet nice, with very good plastic, metal mount, tight tolerances, and very nice friction on zoom and focus control (at least or an AF-lens).

The Focusing motor is not an HSM type but fast enough and quiet enough!

Anymore question? Ask!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not impressed with the sharpness of your new lens judging by picture number 1! Wink Smile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah! I must've got lucky the other times but basically it's crap like all those modern af things... Laughing Laughing Laughing