Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CZ Distagon 2.8/28, 5D MkII
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: CZ Distagon 2.8/28, 5D MkII Reply with quote

After long time, I took this lens out ..

and it;s still good IMO...

tf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stan - yes it is really worth to use it much more.

I like those shots with the blue sky and different green, brown and/or red/orange colours. Thanks for sharing.

Wink

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful ! perfect time for this kind of shots.

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice! Lovely bokeh in the first one.
One of my favorite types of scenes.

Does it fit the 5D with a simple adapter?
I think the 2/28 hits the mirror.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely Stan. Of course, the reason we love these older lenses is that they took great pictures then, and still do now! Very Happy Very Happy

+1 for using it more often

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks to all for comments !

@ nkanellopoulos - this Distagon is 2.8/28 and my mirror has been shaved anyway Smile

I am adding a few more pictures - the last Sunday was just beautiful ..

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fabulous pics with a lens that's first on my wislist atm.

btw. one question, though a bit silly one I know... how do you regards the 28/2.8 performance in comparison with the 21/2.8? Different focal lengths of course, but I'd just like to put it in perspective.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Symph

well the Distagon 2.8/21 is a different story..

My first pics with the D21 were about -- OK, is this really the best 21 (or one of the best) in the world? I was going try to find a reason why too many people claim that ..

There is no real word to explain its performance until you have a look closer at pixels ..

The good thing on 2.8/28 is that this is an affordable Contax lens and its performance is really stunning and this lens never lets you down ..

So the main reason to have Distagon 2.8/28 is quality delivered and sharpness, 3D, all so good.

It was my first Contax lens in my life and I bought mint and I was really happy when taking first pictures.!

To make an comparison between this lenses is simply very difficult... but you won't disappointed when having 2.8/28 Smile

tf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Stan. I know what you mean, it's not a fair comparison, but the D28/2.8 sure looks like the best choice for an affordable great quality wideangle. I have to admit, surprisingly, my 50mm Planar has stopped my LBA. Why? Because no other lens I tried has such microcontrast and sharpness... So if most CZ lenses are like that, I'd rather go towards having just one collection of a selected few CZ lenses, then lots of other lenses I probably wouldn't use. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

symphonic wrote:
So if most CZ lenses are like that, I'd rather go towards having just one collection of a selected few CZ lenses, then lots of other lenses I probably wouldn't use. Smile

I can assure you that all Contax lenses are like that Smile

I would give you another tip : go for Tessar 2.8/45 and take a landscape shot - and you'll understand what's going on..

tf