Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Autumn tree...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Autumn tree... Reply with quote

S-M-C Macro Takumar 50/4 @f/5.6

20 shots -> 64 megapixels -> crop -> 48 megapixels -> downsampled (cause imagehosting doesn't accept 36MB files Sad ) -> result:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice , worth to take effort and make it!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Jiri.

Beautiful result.
What was your processing to keep such final quality ? Shocked

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's a great one, ... definitly worth the time ...

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Autumn tree... Reply with quote

no-X wrote:
S-M-C Macro Takumar 50/4 @f/5.6

20 shots -> 64 megapixels -> crop -> 48 megapixels -> downsampled (cause imagehosting doesn't accept 36MB files Sad ) -> result:

Superb picture ..

I can offer temporary storage on my FTP server Wink with no actual deadline ..

no-x - let me know, if you're interested ..

tf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely! It must have been a very still day? I would guess even a gentle breeze would cause problems.

K.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys.

It's made of RAW pictures taken at ISO100 and 1/160s hand-held. All RAWs are converted in the same way to ensure uniform contrast and colors. Photo stitching software made quite good job. I only corrected minor bug on water. Then I made a 2 tiny changes in PS - I removed one small dry branch of the water.

There's one problem with weather - fog stays above the horizon and only top of the sky is blue. On the pictures it look quite strange, so I slightly lowered the saturation of the blue sky at the upper left corner. The rest is exactly what the RAW converter produced Smile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How far you was from the tree? I`m looking at the picture and thinkig - how did you shot 20 frames with 50mm lens and picture still looks like shot with 50mm lens, not wide angle lens... Confused
But enyway picture is great!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shauttra wrote:
How far you was from the tree? I`m looking at the picture and thinkig - how did you shot 20 frames with 50mm lens and picture still looks like shot with 50mm lens, not wide angle lens... Confused
But enyway picture is great!!!

+1 - That was my thinking too.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shauttra: The upper parts of the image were taken with the camera targeted almost upwards. But I didn't use planar projection for stitching, so the resulting image doesn't have the stretched rectilinear-like corners, which are typical for wide-angle (non-fish-eye) lenses Smile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one more (only 8 shots by Distagon 25/2.8 )