Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some Fuji S7000 stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Some Fuji S7000 stuff Reply with quote

Like a blast from the past - anyone recall the plague of pipe pics in photographic magazines of the 70s?

And now, should you fancy it, there was a particularly unfortunate conjunction of signs recently, in Kilkenny.

Meanwhile, Kilkenny hurling team are set to win the championship five years in a row, but opinions in Tipperary differ.
As you enter the sleepy hamlet of Mullinahone, you see an old car parked on the green...

I think the owner is a Tipperary fan and quite put out at the suggestion Kilkenny might win it again Smile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Dave, #2 is a killer shot! The last one is a hoot. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have watched a few hurling finals and kilkenny always wins...who are you backing? I love the game...they are all mad, but wow it's fast and furious.
I now see where they got the designs from in the 70s...love the pipes Laughing can you make it beige in PS? Wink

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots, Dave,

Who needs a DSLR having a prosumer like this?.
It's curious how the prices have dropped for the new devices. The new Finepix S1800 is selling under 150€ whilst the S7000 in ebay (used) is much over that price...

Regards.

Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
I have watched a few hurling finals and kilkenny always wins...who are you backing?

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/2010/0905/tipperary_kilkenny.html
I suppose I'm a Tipperary man, now. Smile Well, I do live in Tipp, but I was a KK man when I first came here - just over the border, different country. There were some very interesting road graffito relating to such things.
There's been such a big thing about this 'five in a row' it's hardly surprising the Tipp team came out like demons. Likely pissed off with the whole thing Smile

@Jes
Yes, I'm surprised at this humble bridge camera, but on full size it's a bit noisy. Still great for 'net pics or even 5x4" prints or something along those lines. This one is kept permanently in the vehicle just in case. There are a few flickr groups for the S7000 and some of the pics there are very good. I notice this one has a bit of softness/misregistration/CA in the right of the pic when on wide. Maybe the camera was dropped at some time.

@Bill
Thanks for that. I really need to do more of this snapshootery with this and others. Sometimes, that interesting shot eludes, and sometimes it's right there. The reason I started collecting small cams was to always have one handy, wherever I was, but this year I've hardly shot anything.