Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Man's portrait Chinon 50mm f/1.9 Pentax K10d part two
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject: Man's portrait Chinon 50mm f/1.9 Pentax K10d part two Reply with quote

I did these few pics yesterday. Hope you will like them too.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

first and last one are great!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! My favorite are 1,2 and 6 Smile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

# 3 is my favourite, but I also like #1
They both could be easily featured on a fashion magazine.
I also like the toned down colours, they are appropriate to the environments.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I've discovered some tone tricks in Lightroom, and I like a result. It's really looks close to magazine's style. I am glad to get this quality with lens cost around $35 Smile
I'm planning to buy SMC Takumar 55mm f/1.8, or Pentax-M 50mm f/1.7 because of better performance with backlighting.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you confirm better performance? I think it isn't much better, those 1.9/50m are really nice.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you pursuing a career as a fashion magazine shooter? Because these easily reach that quality, indeed. Very well done!

And I honestly doubt another lens will deliver better results, although the Tak might indeed be better in backlighting conditions.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they all look great to me. #1 & #6 are awesome. Personally in #2 i would have liked to see a little more light in his face to make him stand out from the background.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for comments! I've already sold this lens to my friend.
I've bought Pentax DA 35mm f/2.4 lens for a reportage but still using Helios 44-2 for portraits.
New DA lenses have awesome backlight performance.