Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Who stole my Primoplan away?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Who stole my Primoplan away? Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay.de
I had it for 390 EUR just 3 seconds before end Wink.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried it too but I bid only 250€ Embarassed I think prices of those Primoplans are going realy crazy.... Opticaly - from what I saw on sample images - it's not worth it... Even my mint and opticaly stunning Pancolar 80 cost me 100€ less. And I took it for this higher price only because I had oportunity to check it personaly before buy.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The seller says he doesn't take Paypal. Are the rules different in Germany? I thought eBay forced sellers to accept Paypal ; I know they force me.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRunner wrote:
I tried it too but I bid only 250€ Embarassed I think prices of those Primoplans are going realy crazy.... Opticaly - from what I saw on sample images - it's not worth it... Even my mint and opticaly stunning Pancolar 80 cost me 100€ less. And I took it for this higher price only because I had oportunity to check it personaly before buy.

Well samples convinced me. Not all in fact many sucked quite a bit, but after seeing many, one could start to imagine how it would be to look through. And bond with it Smile. I love 58mm by the way.

Anyway offering that sum of money would heavily reduce my family vacation budget so the bid was obviously an impulsive and desperate act of MF lenses addiction. I lost it so now my kids will eat more ice cream and receive more plastic toys Smile.

Alex: only Brits are still using PayPal, get Überweisung as rest of EU Wink.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
BRunner wrote:

Well samples convinced me. Not all in fact many sucked quite a bit, but after seeing many, one could start to imagine how it would be to look through. And bond with it Smile. I love 58mm by the way.

Anyway offering that sum of money would heavily reduce my family vacation budget so the bid was obviously an impulsive and desperate act of MF lenses addiction. I lost it so now my kids will eat more ice cream and receive more plastic toys Smile.

Alex: only Brits are still using PayPal, get Überweisung as rest of EU Wink.

I still feel guilty of buying the pancolar days ago although it is a bargain Wink
BTW, there were 3 ppl overbided you, so at least there are another two guys will be more sad than you Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Who stole my Primoplan away? Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
Click here to see on Ebay.de
I had it for 390 EUR just 3 seconds before end Wink.

I have at least five times lost in last seconds..... never hesitate if you do love it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This specimen seemed worth it. Though seller is pretty new he had many positive feedbacks when selling expensive lenses.

Usually there is a slight sigh of relief when not spending bigger sums of money Smile.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
This specimen seemed worth it. Though seller is pretty new he had many positive feedbacks when selling expensive lenses.

Usually there is a slight sigh of relief when not spending bigger sums of money Smile.

This seller is ok. Collecting, buying and selling all the time.
He is not really new but seems to change the ebay accounts as other do with their underwear (ok, not all, some should change more often Laughing ... )

Trying to disguise for taxation reasons?

Klaus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It makes sense. EU taxation is a menace like in dark ages.

So the Primo really was beautiful!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have at least five times lost in last seconds..... never hesitate if you do love it

+100% I have lost out many times because I was trying to be too clever....and cheap.. Embarassed

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Quote:
I have at least five times lost in last seconds..... never hesitate if you do love it

+100% I have lost out many times because I was trying to be too clever....and cheap.. Embarassed

Cheap is key , if you really want an item always put higher amount than common price 20-30 USD extra is not much , but makes you a winner many times. Sometimes just enough to put less well know values like most people put 10,20,50, 150 etc you should put 13,24, 52 , 154 etc.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My strategy was to put 15.99, 20.99, 55.99, 155.99, etc..

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:

Mine is 16.01, 21.01, 56.01, 156.01, etc....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, need to change mine to 16.02, 21.02, 56.02, 156.02, etc....
Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djmike wrote:
visualopsins wrote:

Mine is 16.01, 21.01, 56.01, 156.01, etc....

Laughing actually I lied to throw you all off. It was 16.99, 21.99, 56.99, 156.99, etc.. Wink

Truthfully, the best strategy is to bid the maximum amount willing to pay. As Attila said, adding $20-$50 even $100 over typical going rate is not too much when the lens is wanted.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$600 for that is way too much IMHO.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulC wrote:

But in Euros it's priced right I think. I would have been interested at that price.

BTW: it's all about demand. I'd rather have a $600 lens I could use with joy than nothing at all... And any Primoplan is still rare. I scour all of the sites I can (outside of eBay) and I've never seen this version since I started searching for them (and that's more than 3 years ago now). So actually $600 sounds rather cheap.

(Of course I'm still the lucky guy with the pre-war 7,5cm f/1.9 Primoplan Wink)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulC wrote:

Yes, this lens value is rarity , not it's quality like many other $$$ one.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes!!!! If you want it, don't care abot a few $$$ more or less!

Said the Ebay-seller exaklaus Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Klaus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder
So is price Wink
Objectively one would say that it's nonsense to pay for this lens more than 400 Euros when with that money you can buy a Biotar which is a better lens (not to mention other more modern lenses).
But lens buying is not just a matter of better or worse, it's also a matter of passion and fascination for a lens regardless of it's value...